Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get one for the MAX aluminum Roof (White)? Arizona. UTV Inc is only doing black :crying:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Why the hell is so hard for UTV inc to make one the color you want. Is there powder coater only using black and nothing else? Seems to me it would be easy for them to pull a raw one from the line and shot some white on it instead of black. My powder coater had no problem with differnt colors for me. The price was the same no matter what color I went with...

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
just get a sheet of aluminum from valley steel, Glendale steel ,tons of places , cut to size get it powder coated white at Glendale powder coat or there's tons more coating places in az

then rivet it in and will be cheaper then anything u can buy !

where r u in az ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I am working with some guys here to build a one piece aluminum roof for my max. If you are interested in potentially getting one made let me know. I am in lake Havasu.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
(aylonway) Ya sounds good, let me know how your's turns out. I need shade from the Arizona sun.......

·
Registered
41 Posts
4x10 foot sheet of .063 aluminum is around 120.00, Buy a sheet and get a big piece of cardboard to create a template out of the top of the of the cage. Then just cut and file edges. Save yourself some coin. It's a afternoon project unless you want something fancy (Wing or CD Player mount) and will look just as good as most aftermarket. Roll the edges the old school way! Wooden board and hammer! Haha.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
What did you use to fasten it down?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Call Precision Billet down in Mesa. They just made a full cage, roof, and roof rack for me. I'm sure they could do it for you if you needed. They do fantastic work….

1 - 20 of 24 Posts