Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like a Mavrick won first place at the UTV Rally Raid race at Windrock this past Saturday! I can't find all the results but they had about 35 entries and about half of those finished.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Kyle had a hell of a race, and the maverick did a great job. Rough conditions that put out several wildcats and xp's. That goes to show how well the maverick is built, but he did not lap the field, he was only 10 minutes ahead of second place, which is a good amount, but not a full lap.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I told a friend last week that I had put a deposit down on the Maverick. When he asked why I did that instead of getting a new RZR XP, my reply was that I felt the Maverick was the best machine for my needs. He then told me the races prove Polaris was the best machine cause they win all the races :question:.

Since I don't race, what would that have to do with me anyway? Can't wait to tell him about this!

·
Registered
528 Posts
I told a friend last week that I had put a deposit down on the Maverick. When he asked why I did that instead of getting a new RZR XP, my reply was that I felt the Maverick was the best machine for my needs. He then told me the races prove Polaris was the best machine cause they win all the races :question:.

Since I don't race, what would that have to do with me anyway? Can't wait to tell him about this!
They don't win ALL the races...but over the last 5 years they have just pretty owned the racing world for a couple of reason, firstly they have been throwing just tons of money and support at the top racers...secondly they have been throwing tons of money and support at the top racers..things are changing slowly, Can AM has moved the majority of their racing support from the ATV's (which they absolutely dominate) to the SxS's this year...that along with some terrific cars (Maverick) the Can AM will become more and more prevalent on the podiums...we are just 5 years behind Polaris- but as you know, off the showroom floor, the CA is a substantially better vehicle..

·
Registered
492 Posts
He doesn't even own a SXS, but has seat time in a few friends Pilaris cars....

I think most of the negative opinions comes from the local demo ride where I didn't hear one good review from a Pilaris owner and people are just regurgitating what they have been told.

I have both an Outlaw 525IRS and RZR S, so I can't be accused being brand loyal at all.......

The fit and finish is horrible, the mismatched pile of fasteners they use requires a FULL box of tools to work on, and the cab of the RZR is SO tiny that 2 full grown adults bump shoulders. It is time for them to quit using that 50" body with fender flares just added on, and build a real open class machine.....only then would they have my interest in buying.

Maybe CA really upped the bar this time and the other brands won't be able to hide any longer!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I hear you bro. I agree, plus the mavericks have JUST in last few weeks hit the race scene, prior to that it was commanders, which they won some to, and pretty impressive they beat the xps on several races alone, but the real bread and butter is the maverick which as stated is only out in racing a very short time. Yes, those die hard polaris boys (at least some of them, the ones who are not being honest with themself) love to post issues and problems which others then take and assume its real and it spreads and in the end it was not even true, but by the time it makes the rounds on forums its assumed to be right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts