Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody had any experience with a 900xp to compare the suspension and handling to the maverick. I 'm planning on getting a Maverick saturday and I want to make sure it is what its suppose to be. All my buddy's ride 900's and I had a commander so I had to take a lot of crap when it came to suspension and handling.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'm gonna say this and you can take it or leave it. The maverick suspension is like a finely tuned sports car compared to the 17 year old kid around the block and his 98 Honda accord with a pipe and graphics kit. If your nerve can handle it the maverick suspension will do it.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
there is nothing to compare, !

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
It's the truth. The 2 biggest things that I can tell while driving it is it stays planted under accelerated unlike the XP that seems to skate all over the place and there is no where near the body roll of the XP when coming into a turn hard on the brakes or gas. The five minutes of drive time I've had it seems like it wants to accelerate through turns instead of slowing down coming in and accelerating halfway through.

·
Registered
48 Posts
We have a base mav and a walker Evans xp 4. The longer wheelbase of the xp 4 is a great ride. I am sure it's smoother than a regular xp. I used to think there was nothing better till we got the mav. I feel it rides better than xp4, our mav is super smooth in all conditions. I rode it hard our last outing in fast trails and dunes and expected it to not do so well in the rough stuff. It didn't miss a beat. You won't be disappointed with the mav and your buddies will be jealous.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Last weekend an xp owner that I was duning with asked me why I was able to go faster than him while maintaining control. He said his xp was twitchy or darty at higher speeds.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I agree, you wont be disappointed and your XP buddies will be so jealous once they see or feel what the Mav can do compared to their X.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've driven XP's. My parents and all my neighbors have them. I alomost bought a XP then I bought a Maverick XRS instead. Every time I take it out makes me glad I didnt buy an XP. Last weekend I passed my neighbor in his XP in the whoops. You wont be dissapointed.

·
Registered
853 Posts
On my commander I had TCB Long Travel and Elka Stage 4 Shocks tuned and dialed in perfectly. I spent several Gs to purchase it. My Maverick would eat my Commanders suspension for breakfast and lunch and dinner and late night snack.

My good friend has a XP and in the whoops I could smoke him in my Commander, in the maverick I punish him.

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
There is no comparing the two. The Maverick is far superior in the suspension department over the XP. It has better shocks and over all a better design. There is very little to no body roll in a Maverick and it is very stable at high speed over whoops and almost anything you can throw at it. The XRS model comes with top of the line Fox shocks, minus their bottom out cup.

If you notice there is not one Maverick owner complaining about at shitty ride or bucking problems. Go over to the rzr forums and all you see is guys upgrading there shocks. Why spend 18,000 for a ride you will have to spend another $2,000 in suspension, when you can get it done in one purchase!

I have yet to meet one Maverick owner who was disappointed with the overall performance and ride quality.

Go to a dealer that sales both machines and look them over very. Once your are done you will be leaving with a Maverick!

Reactions: Glamisfan

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just don't go to my local dealer I have met two people who were told that the XP is a faster and better machine than the Maverick and they sell both.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Just don't go to my local dealer I have met two people who were told that the XP is a faster and better machine than the Maverick and they sell both.
That just shows you that those sales guys don't have a clue what they are talking about. So your correct, stay away from that place.

·
Registered
791 Posts
The dealer would prefer to sell more XP's as parts sales and after sale repair work orders will be higher. I know a dealer that added Polaris as their second product line and that is why they said they decided to carry Polaris in addition the the Arctic Cat product line they were already carrying...

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
On my commander I had TCB Long Travel and Elka Stage 4 Shocks tuned and dialed in perfectly. I spent several Gs to purchase it. My Maverick would eat my Commanders suspension for breakfast and lunch and dinner and late night snack.

My good friend has a XP and in the whoops I could smoke him in my Commander, in the maverick I punish him.
I have the same LT kit on my commander and stage 4 elka's? Can you share your set-up for dunes or whoops?

Spring rates?

I'm still not very happy with the handling.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
853 Posts
I have the same LT kit on my commander and stage 4 elka's? Can you share your set-up for dunes or whoops?

Spring rates?

I'm still not very happy with the handling.

Thanks,
Paul
Paul I sold my commander 3 months ago when I brought my mav. I think I posted how I had it adjusted on the commander forums. I will look tomorrow and see if I can find that post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
Now go tell the xp owners on the rzrforum what everyone just said in this thread and watch the temps boil...lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts