Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if I can swap a gauge cluster from a maverick xrs into my maverick 1000r? I live the tach on the xrs. thanks

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you everyone. anyone know where to get the gauge cluster other then the dealer?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
The only thing the gauge stores is your personal message and the clock. Everything else is stored in the ECU. It is a plug and play install.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea there is one on ebay with 16hrs I think and one with like 60hrs. my sxs is brand new. has .27hrs and 1.9miles, so I would like to get one as close to that as possible

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I think that information is stored in the ECU not the cluster. It would be too easy to put 5K miles on a machine and buy a newer gauge cluster and sell it with false miles/hours on it.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
miles are stored in the gauge and hrs are with the ecu but when i switched my gauges out mine start with out the dealership reprogramming it
Thanks for confirming...I wasn't sure.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you all for the information and help

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well I now have and xrs and a base model maverick. tried to swap clusters last night and neither would start. fuel pump would come on and the gauges would light up but no start. going Friday to get them reflashed

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
it shouldnt have anything to do with it starting? I had my cluster totally off the vehicle and am pretty sure I started it at some point...

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Yep same here. I had to take it to the dealer and he said gauge and ecu have to see the same key code or something or it won't start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
thats good to know...

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just swapped the ECMs problem solve

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Does one of them have DPS and the other does not? If so, I think the one with DPS won't work now.......

1 - 20 of 25 Posts