Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a long shot, but do any of y'all have one or maybe a couple bead lock screws off of your Maverick that you're not using? I broke a screw in half today and would like to ride this weekend, but my dealership can't get any in until next week without charging me an arm and a leg. The screw is a Hex Flanged Screw M6x25. Any help or leads on a good place to get them is much appreciated. Thanks y'all.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I would think a good hardware store would have them....or a specialty shop that deals in fastener's

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yep, take one out and go to your local hardware store. worked for me.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took an extra bolt home with me, so that I could go to Home Depot and see what they have. Also, the 71 inch pounds really doesn't seem like a whole lot of "tightness", but if it works, it works. In the picture, I am missing a good 10mm, so it could have been a lot worse.

photo.JPG

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
McMaster Carr
Looked at the site that you mentioned and I found the ones that I needed. Only question I have is, it says that these are the M6x25, but with a 1mm pitch. I'm assuming that means nothing and that I am good to go?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ask the dealer to pull one off a showroom rim, then replace it when they get the bolts in?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ask the dealer to pull one off a showroom rim, then replace it when they get the bolts in?
I asked, but they didn't have any Mavericks on the floor or in the back that had bead lock wheels. (Or so they told me).

·
Registered
446 Posts
With just one broke I don't think you would have any troubles with it leaking or anything. If it's on the back take one from the front.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With just one broke I don't think you would have any troubles with it leaking or anything. If it's on the back take one from the front.
Yeah, I don't think I will have any trouble either, but it's one of those, "just-in-case" things. However, in a pinch I will remember to take one from the front and put it on the back.

·
Registered
83 Posts
One missing may be ok, but the only way to know for sure is air em' up to your desired pressure and then spray the bead with dishwasher soap and water mix to see if it leaks. If no bubbles appear then you should be good till your bolt comes in. Considering you placed an order for the bolt with the dealer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Lowes has them. I bought a handful a while back. I lost one out in the dunes, and broke one in the garage. Also you bolt for your factory skid plates are the same ( I used one when I lost the one in the dunes).

Reactions: heavysledz

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Lowes has them. I bought a handful a while back. I lost one out in the dunes, and broke one in the garage. Also you bolt for your factory skid plates are the same ( I used one when I lost the one in the dunes).
good tip on the skid plate bolts!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the tip. That's really good to know. It really works out for me because Lowes is a lot closer to me. I'm guessing they're a lot cheaper than the dealer?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
i'm assuming they will not be black and would need to be painted to match.....if that kind of thing bothers you like it does me...

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
One missing may be ok, but the only way to know for sure is air em' up to your desired pressure and then spray the bead with dishwasher soap and water mix to see if it leaks. If no bubbles appear then you should be good till your bolt comes in. Considering you placed an order for the bolt with the dealer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk
That's a good idea, but hopefully I will be able to find some at Lowes, so that I don't have to worry about it when we go riding this weekend.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i'm assuming they will not be black and would need to be painted to match.....if that kind of thing bothers you like it does me...
I doubt they will be either, but I've got a couple rattle cans of black that would work pretty well. However, if I can find them in black and they're a little more, I'll pay the difference.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I doubt they will be either, but I've got a couple rattle cans of black that would work pretty well. However, if I can find them in black and they're a little more, I'll pay the difference.
if not....by epoxy paint and then bake them in the oven after you spray them and it will be pretty durable and less likely to chip than a regular paint....just don't tell the wife what you are doing :saint:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
if not....by epoxy paint and then bake them in the oven after you spray them and it will be pretty durable and less likely to chip than a regular paint....just don't tell the wife what you are doing :saint:
Thats an even better idea than using a rattle can. I will def not be telling the wife.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts