Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Well guys, got front drive shaft put in and the new heim joints on. The moment of truth.... the noise is......

STILL THERE.

There is yet another video of the noise. I have no idea what we could be talking about here any more. I am at a loss.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Here is another video, this one sounds bad. Even worse than before. In neutral with machine off.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Well that doesn't sound good
No it doesn't. I have the kiss of death, every time I touch the machine it sounds worse. But then again, as I am tightening everything up, it may be putting more pressure on the issue... I don't know. Just trying to reason with myself at this point.

·
Registered
548 Posts
No it doesn't. I have the kiss of death, every time I touch the machine it sounds worse. But then again, as I am tightening everything up, it may be putting more pressure on the issue... I don't know. Just trying to reason with myself at this point.
I think it's time to get a mechanics stethoscope, so you can pinpoint the location of the noise.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
too much to go back and read.....rear u joints good ? Maybe that was addressed earlier

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Yeah, rear u joints are good. I mean as much as I can focus my attention on a spot the noise sounds like it is coming from the wheel end of the axles.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
did it make the noise with the front driveshaft out ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
I actually did not test it with front driveshaft out just because I had the front diff all unbolted and sitting all funky up in there until I had it replaced.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yeah, rear u joints are good. I mean as much as I can focus my attention on a spot the noise sounds like it is coming from the wheel end of the axles.
I'll say again.... Get a mechanics stethoscope. It's a great tool for narrowing down the actual location of a noise.

·
Registered
388 Posts
you can also use a long screwdriver or anything long and solid, but will be a challenge if you have to "find it" while its moving.. maybe you can support the whole vehicle on jack stands (tires off the ground) and check that way...hope you get it figured out!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Thabk you. I actually cannot get the sound to replicate when vehicle is in the air. Seems to happen most often when going slowly (forward or reverse) and turning.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Where are you located ? Looks like a florida beach in your pic

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I am actually located in south central Pennsyltucky. A stones throw above the Mason Dixon Line.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Where’s the pic from ?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Nice ! Been a long time since I was there . Try Destin next vacation

Reactions: sshacreaw
41 - 60 of 60 Posts