Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
13K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Jcard 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just signed up on the forum. First timer!
I am picking up my X3 Max this week and preparing a list of accessories. With little reviews available for this vehicle and accessories, I am basically looking for feedback and hopefully personal experience. Also lacking online is the discussion of running X3's on trails...most is Dune experience. I do all my riding at the cabin in Minnesota with a huge trail system. We have hundreds of miles of trails and they recently legalized UTV's on all county roads and most city/small town driving. Lot's of gravel roads which join the trail systems. I currently run a commander XT. Most of the trails are wide enough for the commander with the occasional branch scrape.

Windshield:
I am going for the glass CanAm Windshield, contemplating the wiper...the wiper looks short in the photos. It looks like I will be looking through roughly 50% of the windshield after wiping. Has anyone had any experience with the CanAm wiper? Does it clear a large enough area? Or should I save the $400 and go with a water bottle and rag?

Fender Flares:
Any thoughts on clearance...I cant find any useful photos. Are the occasional 1/4-1/2 branch strikes going to tear these things off? Do they work well keeping debris out of the cockpit?

Lower Doors:
I prefer the look of no lower doors and definitely prefer the venting open doors provide. Are they necessary to keep debris out? Rolling straight down a gravel road and taking a hard right? ...Will debris fly off the front wheels and end up through the lower open door. Keep in mind I will have the fender flares. Im thinking of my kids in the back seat...I like their teeth the way they are! I never had an issue in the commander due to the wheels being nicely tucked under the massive square front end.

Rear window:
I am looking at the Spike rear window, any good recent experience? Are there any others available I didn't find online. I don't see a benefit to vented being it's sole purpose is to reduce dust blowback. Being the windshield is not vented, I need to do what I can.

Look forward to hearing back!

See less See more
#3 ·
Fender Flares:
Any thoughts on clearance...I cant find any useful photos. Are the occasional 1/4-1/2 branch strikes going to tear these things off? Do they work well keeping debris out of the cockpit? A MUST HAVE! Especially for the RS. The DS and base might be fine without them.

Lower Doors:
I prefer the look of no lower doors and definitely prefer the venting open doors provide. Are they necessary to keep debris out? Rolling straight down a gravel road and taking a hard right? ...Will debris fly off the front wheels and end up through the lower open door. Keep in mind I will have the fender flares. Im thinking of my kids in the back seat...I like their teeth the way they are! I never had an issue in the commander due to the wheels being nicely tucked under the massive square front end.

IF you have extended flares, I think you can keep most of the debris out. I have the Rokblokz and they work awesome but with the width of the RS, the machine was almost unridable the first time we took it out without flares since on every turn the inside tire would throw dirt directly into the front cabin area.

#4 ·
I went with the bent metal windshield half the price of the can am one and very good quality. Went with the can am fender flares on my max xds and they look good and are very strong plus easy to put on. I have the spikes window for the back (vented) and I like it too. I stalled the can am lower doors to and there is still plenty of air in the cab. I drove mine for a weekend with the lower doors and nothing really came in the cab. Like U i have kids and just felt safer with the lower doors on plus I like the looks of them.. I also have the roof, Gibson exhaust, walker evens sway bar shocks, Baka 40 in curved light, rock guards on the back, tablet mount, 4 point harness, lighted whips, bumpers will be next. I'm in Michigan and ride trails, power lines and seasonal roads and love this machine.

#5 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire
Bentmetals offroad windshield and rear poly window is working out nice.

Reactions: Jcard and GloverXRS
#8 · (Edited)
View attachment 156898 Bentmetals offroad windshield and rear poly window is working out nice.
Love the look and thanks for the orders guys!

Also Hey everybody Bent Metal Offroad will be offering 15% off site wide and free shipping for Black Friday. Get your new vented windshield or flat roof or any of the other accessories on this great deal! Use code Black15 good from Friday through Monday night!
Go to bentmetaloffroad.com to place your orders!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I'd go with vented Bent Metal windshield....I got one coming my way in the next couple of weeks.
I went with the Can-Am lower doors,for looks and better protection from crap flying up from the tires.

Reactions: GloverXRS
#9 ·
The vented windshield us not up on the bent metals website as of today? Also, will they make a roof for the max?

#11 ·
Thank you, I must be blind. Looks very nice. Any plans for a max roof?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.