Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone else on here has banging or the sound of metal clanking coming from the rear of their X3. I have a 2019 Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo bought new a few months back and had this problem from factory. You can hear the sound from the video linked here.

·
Registered
2019 X3 XRC Turbo
64 Posts
Does it make that sound on smooth leval ground (asphalt) too or just uneven bumpy ground?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does it make that sound on smooth leval ground (asphalt) too or just uneven bumpy ground?
Only on bumpy or uneven ground. On flat asphalt its fine but taking it out to the desert since everything is bumpy and uneven it becomes unbearable sometimes. Its constantly banging. Tried taking it to get serviced but they also didn’t know where the source was

·
Registered
496 Posts
Only on bumpy or uneven ground. On flat asphalt its fine but taking it out to the desert since everything is bumpy and uneven it becomes unbearable sometimes. Its constantly banging. Tried taking it to get serviced but they also didn’t know where the source was
SOUNDS like a sway bar - are the links intact?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 X3 XRC Turbo
64 Posts
You might want to check your sway bar, your is making more noise than what I have heard but I would still make sure your rear sway bar was tight. I have had multiple troubles with my front and my son had trouble with his rear.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
If it's over every bump, I'm thinking it could be when the spring divider slams into the crossover rings. But this is for the XRS that I know has the adjustable crossovers. Over bumpy stuff, all four corners are making clacking noises when the springs compress and the spring divider smacks the rings.... I barely hear the car normally, I run headsets with music...

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I listened to the video again, it's an odd noise for sure, when you get a chance, get the back end up on jackstands and shake and push on the rear wheels. Make sure it's not a bearing, or a loose radius rod.
It doesn't look like you're traveling fast enough to have that kind of shock action. I wonder if it's a wheel bearing.

·
Premium Member
8,751 Posts
Sounds like loose shock bolt due to the constant rattling. Check all cage bolts or any rear accessories the great dealer bolted on for you.

Also check your frame for cracks around the rear swaybar mount.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I hear two different sounds, one of which I believe is normal axle plunge .
The other I'm not sure...... It does sound like in the shock area.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts