Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll. I can't find crap on the X3 900 HO.

Just bought one about two weeks ago and after break in time, took it out to Frank Raines in Patterson, CA. Well on our last day there as we were climbing a dirt trail the Check Engine light came on and it went into Limp Mode. Tried checking the filter and what not and the light still came on. Towards the end of the night after leaving it off for a few hours, started it up to head back to our camp site and boom it was gone... Hasn't came back since... Just worried that when we take it out in a few weeks that it might happen again.

Anyone have any knowledge on the X3 900 and can you provide me with possibilities, maybe even how to check the codes on this thing. This one only has an arrow next to the digital gauge and does not have an M or S button. :disappointed:

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Do a search for Check Engine Light, CEL and Limp Mode.

Some people have had a problem with too much anti-seize on the spark plugs.
You might have to pull them and clean them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I've searched the web and had no luck with anything.. I'll keep surfing as well as check on the spark plugs! :)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Search this site.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
WTF is BRP thinking a 90hp 900 is HO headbang.gif

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
HO is half output.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
sorry, I could not help my self and I had no clue how to help
other than suggesting using candoo to read and clear your codes

·
Registered
366 Posts
There have been quite few threads in here about check engine lights on these. Many have been related to BRP putting WAY too much antiseize on the plugs which cause a weak spark and check engine. Also take a look in there for any loose connections, ect. If you don't see anything take it back to dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts