Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have only had our Maverick for 5 months. It has 49 hours on it. We have broken two belts already and thought we broke number 3 but instead the clutches came loose. It went to the shop yesterday and they are removing the clutches (what is still there) and the belt and shipping them to Can-AM. I am so upset. No we will be with out our ride again!!! This has been such a major disappointment!

Our model was not included in the recall for the clutch bolt. But the models before ours and after ours are… I am really starting to get worried about my investment!.

Anyone else with the same issue or do we have a LEMON!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Standard model? MAX?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
to bad u didn't get pic of the clutches b4 u dropped off , to see if u did have the recall , a few had blown belts and the primary bolt likes to back out on some , but its not a popular thing ,

stock tires and wheels , mud rider ?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It is a 2014 Max Model… I didn't get a pic of the clutches… The clutches and the belt left for Can Am's main office today. Gosh knows how long it will be gone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stock Tires… Not a mud rider.. Been trail ridden is all. This machine has not been abused. Never jumped anything or any sort of rough play. The only reason we bought this machine is because of the 4 seater with the good seat belts. We have a 15 month old daughter who rides with us sometime.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I also have a MAX. I was initially worried about belt reliability as well, and tried to be pro-active by installing a Dalton Clutch kit in mine to avoid excessive slippage & heat on the belt. So far so good. 400 miles and 30+ hours with no issues.

That's a real bummer with yours. Be persistant, and make them give you all new clutching components for sure. Overall, I think your situation is a fluke and ought to be resolvable...albeit with a bit of aggravation for sure. Good luck to you on this, and keep the Can Am faith! I firmly believe their quality is a large cut above the other offerings out there.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Stock Tires… Not a mud rider.. Been trail ridden is all. This machine has not been abused. Never jumped anything or any sort of rough play. The only reason we bought this machine is because of the 4 seater with the good seat belts. We have a 15 month old daughter who rides with us sometime.
theres 100's other max's out there that been ripping thru the sand with no belt problems everynow and again brp needs a belt to break so u were the unlucky one this week

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Everyone. I will let y'all know as soon as I hear from Can AM on the plans. Our dealership is on stand by with a complete new clutch assembly and belt. So as soon as Can AM says go they will install it. I just hate they we have already paid for two additional belts on this machine out of pocket before it came to this…

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well to make you feel better about the belts, the rzr xp4 1000 has been blowing belts like there is no tomorrow. Apparently there is a new helix that helps fix the issue but many have spent many hundreds on broken belts. Each belt is $200 so it's easy to spend lots.

·
Registered
223 Posts
had no issues on mine either, max was great, recall done, still on original belt, and we rode it hard, did not hold back for sure!!!
Recall? I don't believe there was a recall with the max clutch bolt. I had the first Max in my area and there was no recall for mine. I have over 500 miles on my max and much if it is WFO. Original belt and machine has been perfect.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok! We are getting our maverick back today! I will have an entire new clutch assembly and belt on it. I hope this fixes the problem. Can-Am also added and additional month to our factory warranty for out "loss of use" time. I just hope all is well now!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ok! We are getting our maverick back today! I will have an entire new clutch assembly and belt on it. I hope this fixes the problem. Can-Am also added and additional month to our factory warranty for out "loss of use" time. I just hope all is well now!
Did they tell you what caused the belts to break? I have broken two belts. The last one lasted 52 miles and its currently at the dealer.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Good News I guess, would of liked a little compensation of out of pocket belt purchases maybe a couple of new belts....What is the model number of a 2014 Max anybody know?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts