Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a video on the maverick Facebook page of a maverick with one. Just curious how many people have tried this? How big of different does it make? And is it 100% bolt on and go?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Interested in knowing too

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Haven't had a problem with mine and you just have to switch the plastic cover from your factory tb
No sensor issues or light's coming on due to codes? nothing?

any noticable performance improvement?

·
Registered
998 Posts
In for results, I'd like to see a a/f ratio map to see how it affects it

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
In for results, I'd like to see a a/f ratio map to see how it affects it
I am also wondering if he is using an additional fuel controller of some sort to a help keep the A/F ratio in range

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
No codes and I have about 600 miles so far With the vw passat tb. Didn't feel a diff but I have a turbo It's only 25$ on eBay somebody with a na motor needs to buy one

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
My guess is that the valves and cam are the limiting factor as to how much air the motor can pump. From what I've read on the Commander forum, that's my take on it. Again, IMHO

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Cool! So you'll have your intake, larger tb, and hollowed out cat, right? Well run it against mine and see what the results are. In October. Still sooo far away!

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Ill buy one as well and see what it does. Ill run it with the stock intake first and then with a UMP setup. My clutching is finicky on mine so Ill know right a way what it does. It may not help too power with power but if I get a little quicker throttle response Ill be happy.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I know a 4mm larger TB helped alot on the Teryx engines with and exhaust and without changing anything else.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Ill buy one as well and see what it does. Ill run it with the stock intake first and then with a UMP setup. My clutching is finicky on mine so Ill know right a way what it does. It may not help too power with power but if I get a little quicker throttle response Ill be happy.
Any result's with this larger TB yet?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts