Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw these plastic things over the grab handles on top of roll cage. I couldn't help but ask myself how much faster could I go without all the added plastic and rivets. Boy was I ever right .8 lb weight reduction! Haven't done a speed run yet but i will keep all posted on true #'s I make up. It looks cooler anyway I think

Attachments

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Drilled mine out also.Gettin in is a lot easier without them. Never thought about the weight loss for power though. Lol.... Good call!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I took mine off too....the 2014's are metal and are welded in.....They don't want you to use them as a grab handle because you could smash your hand in a rollover....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was doing some work inside of the cab of the maverick and had to constantly get in and out, it would have been much easier to maneuver around with something solid to grab ahold of. Does anyone know were any of the Mavericks rolled off the production line without the plastic insert or something they added midway through model year.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I was doing some work inside of the cab of the maverick and had to constantly get in and out, it would have been much easier to maneuver around with something solid to grab ahold of. Does anyone know were any of the Mavericks rolled off the production line without the plastic insert or something they added midway through model year.
All of the 2013's have the plastic covers and in 2014 they are metal welded inserts.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts