Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Maverick water pump vent hose.

7K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  snowcowboy22 
#1 ·
So Im doing my XMR snorkel kit and trying to find my water pump vent hose. Could it be that it wasent attached, Any body know where to look and yes I looked right around the water pump but nothing.

Directions clearly stay to extend it!

#3 ·
I never heard of a "water pump" vent hose.

#5 ·
On the commanders it's right on the bottom of the water pump and it should hang out the bottom of the skid most of the time they get stuck between the skid and frame when putting the skids on or pushed up just sitting under the pump on the frame. Being the engines are pretty much the same the Mav's should still have it or at least the nipple would be there for the hose you would think.

#6 ·
Its located on the front of the engine by the front prop shaft, look in from passenger side, you should see a short clear hose laying there near base of engine.

Can you tell where BRP recommends re-routing this hose and what was supplied in the kit to do so. I never touched this hose on my commander and never had any issues.

#9 ·
Also i just finished the snorkel kit and i did add the 2nd cvt exhaust and now when i rev the engine up the belt or clutches are whining really loud is that normal beacuse the cvt exhaust is coming out right behind the seat now? Something doesnt seem right

#10 · (Edited)
Can you tell me what the XMR snorkel kit wants you to do with the water pump line? What was provided with the kit, and what do the instructions say to do with it?
The small line is a drain or some call it a weep hole. I've read that if dirt or mud gets up in this tube it can cause some damage to seal up in there??? I ran my commander thru tons of mud and had no issues with this short clear line. I'm in the process of building my Mav up for the mud and I'm curious what the XMR kits says to do with this line??

Yes the belt can make a whining sound and raising up the snorkels closer to your head will make it easier to hear than in stock location.

Did you remove your belt or any of the clutches while installing the snorkels?

#11 ·
Yes I figured out my clutch the new exhaust vent I put in was rubbing agaist the secondary clutch but I got it fixed now!

As for the water pump vent it says in the instructions to put a new hose on which is supplied and run it up to the top by all your other vent lines!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.