Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Maverick VS. XP1000 400ft drag race on pavement

23K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  Henry427 
#1 ·
I deeply appologize for the race being at night.
Car set ups.
driver weights 130s +or- 5lbs
tire psi 16 both cars
fuel cap. xp almost empty , maverick basically full.
maverick accessories roof and gusset kit.
Xp accessories none
distance 400ft both 2wd
out side air temp 108
car/clutch temp Xp up to opp temp.
Maverick cold (my fault)

#2 ·
Says that the video is private, I'm on an iPhone that might have something to do with it.

#5 ·
Try it now

Reactions: berto
#10 ·
Ya we kept going alittle past the 400ft mark lol just outa excitement lol rpm wise i was 8k the whole time

#12 ·
I assume you let out at the 400 ft mark, or did he just have that much more on top.

#15 ·
The XP pulled him slightly off the line and on top end. My money says an aftermarket primary on the Maverick would put it out front on the launch and it would stay there. Launch and high speed are the two times the Maverick's shitty stock primary would most likely be slipping.

#16 ·
So i on the second race i had a better launch cause i got some heat into my clutch from the first race. But in all the excitement i for got to hit record again lol. And yes i let off at the 400ft mark.

#18 ·
So how was the second race after the Mav was warmed up?

#17 ·
So when the XP pulled away, did you let off or hit top speed or what?

#23 ·
i let off once i toped out (78) that time. my top speed veries from 77 to 80.

#20 ·
I can tell you one thing if the Mav isn't at three bars on the coolant gauge it won't run as well. I have a fan override switch and if I leave it on and the engine cooks down to two or even one bar it won't pull as many RPM's as when it's warm.
Wow, that's the first time I have ever heard that. But I'm not surpised since Can-am has so many other controls on this thing to protect it from user abuse.

#21 ·
Once those tall tires on the xp1000 get rolling it will start picking up speed and it should be faster than the Maverick on the top end. Now get them off the blacktop and race it on some dirt or sand and see if the result is the same.

Reactions: Henry427
#25 ·
Yes the longer wheelbase wont be as good for getting around tighter trails. I think the XP900 is a better machine personally.

Reactions: bulldogs101
#26 ·
he mentioned on facebook he was dead even till the 1/4 mile mark then the xp1 would be in font a tire ,, top speed 80-81 , ours is 76-79

so a set of clutches will beat a xp1 by a few cars !

#28 ·
You got it Benzo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.