Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Rally on the Rocks Crew does a shootout between the Arctic Cat Wildcat, Polaris XP and the Can-Am Maverick at Sand Hollow in St. George Utah.
We love all side by sides and have no bias. All tires had 9 lbs of pressure. All machines are stock except the wildcat (it has the wildcat willys clutch kit and bighorn 2.0's).
They are all great machines and you couldn't go wrong with any of them. They all have plusses and minuses.
At the end of the day we came across another XP (orange madness) that we added in some of the hill climbs. There is also a suspension shot that does not include an XP, (they had to get home).

We will back at Sand Hollow for MLK weekend, Jan. 18-21. Come join us if you can!

this one works on mobile devices

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Nice.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
The only thing more enjoyable than watching that video is of course reading the excuses of why brand x didnt win.:crying: It was very nice of the maverick driver to even give them a head start but it didnt matter.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I'm sure rzr forums heads are spinning. They was so disappointed in the last video they was wishing Yamaha would come out with something to jump ship on lol

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'm sure rzr forums heads are spinning. They was so disappointed in the last video they was wishing Yamaha would come out with something to jump ship on lol
omg! you guys should go to razr forums and read theyr comments on razr forum about part 1 of the showdown, god its hilarious.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Poor guys. Man I cant wait for my maverick to come in!!!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Awsome real life comparo and we saw earlier how that clutch helped the cat. I think a stock cat would have looked alot worse. Other than the big hill climb which in my opinion just showcased the Mavs power advantage they all did pretty good. I think the cat looks the best out of all of them styling wise. If your not a competitive person which im not I think anyone can enjoy any of them in normal riding situations just fine if there not having alot of mechanical issues. Second and third best not all that far off or bad if you dont want to pay through the nose for the Mav. I know here theres a 5k spread easy on the costs from the others up to the Mav.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Chippy,
There isn't 5K diff in the price of an XP or Wildcat. They are all priced just about the same. Now I'm talking US $ so I have no idea what is going on in Canada.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Good video, I really enjoyed it. I'm in the Seattle area and its in the low 30's and raining. The lousy winter weather here is the reason I'm waiting at least 2 months before getting one of these.
It looked to me that the Wildcat handled the whoops about equal to the Maverick, at least the front suspension.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Maxdun,
I am not doing anything until Artic Cat comes out with the new Wildcat X and then I will decide which rig is coming home with me. I'm snowed in up here in the mountains. I couldn't enjoy a toy if I got one now unless I bought some track with it too. All the trails here are closed to wheeled vehicles. So my rig would be parked til April 1, 2013 other than plow duties when it snows.

Both videos were great and I thank youfor taking your time to make them. There will always be the haters but you can't argure what was on film.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Wilcats are down to 15k here with the xrs at 19500. I realize the Mavs high due to being new. When the cats first out here dudes were paying over 20k:shocked:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Attn: We will be getting our hands on a RZR 1000 in the next couple weeks. We also have lined up a Maverick 1000 xrs with dps and qe, along with a Wildcat X.
We will be doing another shoot out at the same location. All the machines will be bone stock with similar skilled drivers. The mav will be past the 10 hour service.
What all do you guys want to see? Drags, hill climbs, suspension tests, rock crawling, timed 3-4 mile desert loops are what we had in mind.
Cant wait!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Looking forward to it ROTR.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts