Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
With that engine's history, I doubt they'll ever hold together. They need an entirely different drive train platform.
This is why I have a good dealer and a 5 year warranty. LOL. :D

So far no oil leaks just blown belts, but there are companies already developing vented clutch cover spacers to help with that problem. Will they work? Who knows.

I will grab my spare belts to compare. The Cat belt is thinner.

Edit: Nevermind they are the same width. Cat belt is shorter and cheaper looking...almost generic compared to the CanAm belt.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Cat belt is on the right.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
I hope you have better luck with the warranty claims than I did on my non X model. In GA we only have (had) Bass pro shops to get warranty work done. took my machine to them with 53miles on it 100% stock and it had cracked the drivers rear inner CV, they would not warranty it. about 100 miles later I was back because all the wheel studs on the right rear had sheared off still it was 100% stock and again it was declined. I had a problem with the glove box lock not locking they said it had dirt in it causing it to stick open and charged me more to disassemble and clean it than the cost of a new one.
Lesson learned find a good dealer for your arctic cat and bass pro shops is not a good dealer.

It not all bad though, had I not had such bad luck with my wildcat than I would not own a maverick.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I hope you have better luck with the warranty claims than I did on my non X model. In GA we only have (had) Bass pro shops to get warranty work done. took my machine to them with 53miles on it 100% stock and it had cracked the drivers rear inner CV, they would not warranty it. about 100 miles later I was back because all the wheel studs on the right rear had sheared off still it was 100% stock and again it was declined. I had a problem with the glove box lock not locking they said it had dirt in it causing it to stick open and charged me more to disassemble and clean it than the cost of a new one.
Lesson learned find a good dealer for your arctic cat and bass pro shops is not a good dealer.

It not all bad though, had I not had such bad luck with my wildcat than I would not own a maverick.
I like that last line! Lol

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
This is why I have a good dealer and a 5 year warranty. LOL. :D

So far no oil leaks just blown belts, but there are companies already developing vented clutch cover spacers to help with that problem. Will they work? Who knows.

I will grab my spare belts to compare. The Cat belt is thinner.

Edit: Nevermind they are the same width. Cat belt is shorter and cheaper looking...almost generic compared to the CanAm belt.

they say the problem is they run the cvt vent intake tubes right next to the exhaust ! sounds like u need to reroute it and get a blower I see there running on the cats

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Im going to put the stock tires back on and race again. Im curious how much of a difference the bigger wheels and tires makes.

this would be great to see im very curious to how much diff? hopefully u get same conditions road and weight !

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
If anyone in the Phoenix area wants to race my Mav just let me know. It would be just pulling up in my side yard and go. Still waiting on the clutch. Supposed to be here today.

Another video. From what people there say the Cat took off hard but the Mav started to reel it in slowly. This guy claims he beat 3-4 Mavs that day but lost to 2 with mods.

YouTube

this mav had bigger mud tires someone said to !

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Clutches won't make it until next week. I had to fix my shop cooler so I haven't swapped back to stock tires/rims yet. I will be on it this weekend though....if the cooler stays going. Its HOT!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a buddy with a wildcat x. We have raced and I pulled him. Both vehicles are stock. The wildcat x has 700 miles on it and has already broken his clutch. I'll keep my Mav!

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Clutches won't make it until next week. I had to fix my shop cooler so I haven't swapped back to stock tires/rims yet. I will be on it this weekend though....if the cooler stays going. Its HOT!

Oh man bad weekend for the cooler to go out gonna be 105-108 this weekend !

Do u live close to lake pleasant ?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Oh man bad weekend for the cooler to go out gonna be 105-108 this weekend !

Do u live close to lake pleasant ?
Nope im in the SW Valley.

The heat sucks. I am going to head back up north pretty quick.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I am waiting to see your video after the QSC clutch & STM secondary install. Interested in seeing the improvement, especially with the muzzy installed. Could be the right improvement package.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I am waiting to see your video after the QSC clutch & STM secondary install. Interested in seeing the improvement, especially with the muzzy installed. Could be the right improvement package.
I am pretty excited about it! The Cat may have a Muzzy on it before it makes it but I will race them again before the clutches go in. Im expecting the Cat to slowly pull away after the Muzzy goes on but fall 2-3 lengths back after the Clutching goes in. End result after the clutchwork on both is done im thinking the Mav will have the cat by 1 length.

Now taking bets lol!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I am pretty excited about it! The Cat may have a Muzzy on it before it makes it but I will race them again before the clutches go in. Im expecting the Cat to slowly pull away after the Muzzy goes on but fall 2-3 lengths back after the Clutching goes in. End result after the clutchwork on both is done im thinking the Mav will have the cat by 1 length.

Now taking bets lol!

I was talking more about just the improved performance on the Mav with the clutching & exhaust.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I was talking more about just the improved performance on the Mav with the clutching & exhaust.
Clutching is the only complaint I have with the Mav. It just seems sluggish and makes the machine feel less sporty than it is. End result will be a much more responsive sporty feeling clutch...or at least we hope.!

I sure wish someone was around with a stock Mav I could benchmark against.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'm ready to see these results as well!! My apologies for the delays!

What size tires do you have on the Wildcat?

·
Premium Member
8,982 Posts
Clutching is the only complaint I have with the Mav. It just seems sluggish and makes the machine feel less sporty than it is. End result will be a much more responsive sporty feeling clutch...or at least we hope.!

I sure wish someone was around with a stock Mav I could benchmark against.

i am over in west Mesa.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I'm ready to see these results as well!! My apologies for the delays!

What size tires do you have on the Wildcat?
Its all good Kris im not taking it out for a couple weeks. The Cat is rolling 27's on MSA Beadlocks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
21 - 40 of 60 Posts