Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did a quick "before" race between my Mav and the WCX. Tomorrow the QSC and STM goes in. Should be a pretty lopsided race after that. The Mav has Muzzy's and 28's. Wildcat is stock for now. I am 175 lbs heavier than the driver in the Mav.

Next video is clutched Mav vs WCX then Mav vs Muzzy's WCX. Last video will be the Mav. vs. WCX with Muzzy's and a Speedwerx clutch kit.

Both machines were in 4wd.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alot better then i thought it would be with all the hipe on the x
The hype is deserved the Cat is pretty bad ass!

Stock to stock the Cat will walk the Mav. The clutch seems to be pretty solid.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Isnt it like a grand more though? Rather have the x than an xp thats for sure.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isnt it like a grand more though? Rather have the x than an xp thats for sure.
Yeah. Next year im sure we will see the Mav a grand more but include eps or something..or maybe even a QE diff.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
good race

the tires on the maverick hurt it to , u wouldn't think but bigger tires = more drag - are u using 14'' wheels also ? , so for them being real close with mav having bigger tires, means a stock mav will beat it a car length and with a clutch about 3-4 car length's

wildcat comes with a hiperformance clutch they say from factory putting power to the ground better then can am , but there blowing belts on the new wildcatX already

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Once up to speed the bigger tires should increase top speed.

The X is faster than people think. It is a huge improvement in clutching with the team clutch.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
yup the X is a decent sxs , give's people more options,

we tried tons of tire combo's when the rxr and rhino 1st came out once u put anything bigger on either sxs then the stock tires size the stock one would always walk away from the other and never be caught ! try it , stock maverick vs maverick with 14's and 28's , there will be a difference not huge but a difference a car length at least

think of it like this when people want more power for towing they re gear for faster accel , smaller wheels tires does the same

·
Registered
448 Posts
The X has serious top end speed. It is easily 10mph faster than a Mav at top speed. My guess is it is a dead heat at 100yds and no contest at 300yds.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im going to put the stock tires back on and race again. Im curious how much of a difference the bigger wheels and tires makes.

I will tell you this. I really didn't notice much of a difference when I swapped tires and rims. Now adding the Muzzy's was obvious. The Mav really squats hard compared to stock.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I rode in a new Wildcat X and I was impressed with the (much) lower center of gravity. I doesn't feel as top heavy as the Maverick and in a wide open straight race it would pull the maverick after top speed.

·
Registered
791 Posts
. Now adding the Muzzy's was obvious. The Mav really squats hard compared to stock.

I can't believe no-one has been able to provide us a with before and after video yet. If it makes such a big difference you would think Muzzy would be chomping at the bit to make a vid of a stock Mav racing a Muzzy Mav

·
Registered
806 Posts
Are the wildcat engines holding together now?

·
Registered
145 Posts
This is the first I have heard about the wildcat beating a Maverick, guess I better get out more, but I do know I have beat many of polaris 900 in a drag race and my Maverick is stock

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
On the wild cat site there saying 73-76 is top speed someone with a huge tail wind hit 82 he said

Remember the kitty x has a clutch already putting all there power to the ground

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
If anyone in the Phoenix area wants to race my Mav just let me know. It would be just pulling up in my side yard and go. Still waiting on the clutch. Supposed to be here today.

Another video. From what people there say the Cat took off hard but the Mav started to reel it in slowly. This guy claims he beat 3-4 Mavs that day but lost to 2 with mods.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=x77gn0y8s2Q&desktop_uri=/watch?v=x77gn0y8s2Q&feature=youtube_gdata_player

1 - 20 of 60 Posts