Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im putting my request in for the first person that can to please post a video of the maverick and xp in a drag race i sure would love to see these things head to head and really see what the maverick can do!!!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Im putting my request in for the first person that can to please post a video of the maverick and xp in a drag race i sure would love to see these things head to head and really see what the maverick can do!!!
The Can-am website has a bunch of video's. One is a drag race on flat ground and another one is a sand dune hill climb race.
Otherwise you probably have to wait until more maverick's get out to the public.

·
Registered
72 Posts
We were out today and could not find an xp to stomp. But we ran the Maverick against the xp in all the videos you have seen and I promise you the Maverick eats the xp for lunch! Here is a quick shot of our stock Maverick today on the track hitting a 95ft jump and handling it like a champ! Look for more soon.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
We were out today and could not find an xp to stomp. But we ran the Maverick against the xp in all the videos you have seen and I promise you the Maverick eats the xp for lunch! Here is a quick shot of our stock Maverick today on the track hitting a 95ft jump and handling it like a champ! Look for more soon.

Sweet!!!!! We need some more action videos

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

Look...... It's a bird, no it's plane, no it's a WHAT ????? A Maverick!!!! That's right it's the New Can-AM Maverick.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Holy crap thats a lot of air time...im new to the SxS riding and wont be attempting any sht like that for sure!!!! how bad would that hurt lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow thats insane!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
We are trying to find an xp owner willing to race. One who does not mind losing to the Maverick on film. Lol Should have a video very soon. In the next day or two.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
841 Posts
How about a commander with simple mods at the time (intake, larger TB, and a cam) racing my buddy's stage II XP. I get my Mav on Thurs so in Glamis I will be racing other modified XPs (no turbo XP) with it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
How about a commander with simple mods at the time (intake, larger TB, and a cam) racing my buddy's stage II XP. I get my Mav on Thurs so in Glamis I will be racing other modified XPs (no turbo XP) with it.

Gotta love that for sure. How much was the 60 mm TB?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks man thats awesome im ready for a stock vs stock vid on hard ground!!!

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
841 Posts
Let that rotax motor breath and XPs even in modified form are not a problem for a rotax motor. BRP restricted the commander significantly in the intake system preventing it from running like a big dog on top. Once you remove those restrictions the commander is a monster on top, out of the hole and thru the mid-range. My commander in that video had a stock motor with the intake modified and a large 60 TB installed. I only had approx 4 hp over stock but it was how the power was applied...my dyno curve held its power across the entire 7900 rpm band now I have 21 HP over stock (custom intaked made) and when the clutch is tune it will do the same...The rotax motor is a beast of a vtwin and with the right mods you can get close to the top sport bikes 1000cc vtwin crank HP of 122-130 hp. Currently my commander motor has a true 108 hp to the crank.

When I get my Mav I will start with changing the intake system, TB and the exhaust headers but not much more cause BRP pretty much did everything else for me in the motor (bigger valves, higher comp pistons). I love when you can purchase a vehicle and do bolt mods and get much better performance...lol

The larger TB cost $550.00 with your stock TB exchanged PM me and I will give you the Engineer/Shop number who designed it for me. I know that Muzzy tried for over a year to build a larger TB on the commander but never had it working right but I've been running my larger TB for over a year now with absolutely zero issues except for solid top end power.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I agree the stock intake tract looks very restrictive. I would have liked to seen two intake tubes feeding the airbox instead of just one.

·
Registered
217 Posts
im offshore till friday and own a rzr xp im stoping to pick up my maverick X rs on the way home if no one has posted ill post a unbiased heads up video

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here you go as promised! It's short, but real world....

Here is 2 quick videos of the Maverick vs XP. Was a short run, and in the first video the xp jumped the line and kept it closer, where in video 2 the Maverick pulled pretty good, but in a longer stretch the Maverick pulls away even more. Not bad for 100 yards.... when the xp is known for being quick....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts