Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
101 - 120 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
We don't have to much to laugh at when you see the pics of mavericks with a primary threw the clutch cover. But it's better then a motor getting replaced
I liked getting a new engine after riding for nearly a year. They made improvements to it and now I have those improvements and I didn't even have to pay for them. If they want to give me another new engine I would take it right now. How can getting a brand new engine for free be a bad thing? Free miles for me, who wouldn't want to start over at ZERO miles if they could?

As for the tighter Wildcat steering many of us have had it for a quite a while now, no problems whatsoever. Not one negative from ANYONE. Only myths from idiots who don't know what they are talking about. It is the single best thing that I changed on my machine by far, I turn sharper than my buddies Commander does, now he is the one making three point turns all the time on the trail.

The new Polaris 1000 . . . . . I feel that Polaris could have gone much farther with it but they didn't. Nice machine though that's obvious. It is gonna be top dog out the box but it probably won't last long on top. All the Wildcat needs is more power (easy to do) to equal or beat the XP 1000 as it already has pretty much everything else. Can Am needs to build a completely new design to go any further, that's what they should have done with the Maverick instead of making a hopped up Commander with a new name. The price of the new XP is stretching it out there but I dunno I think it might be the next machine to get anyway.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Actually, you are an idiot for even saying so. Go drill out your steering like a moron, be my guest. But wait, I bet you already have. Point proven. If it was safe and designed for that modification, GUESS WHAT? Artic Cat would be doing it at the factory wouldn't they?
Using your logic if you change ANYTHING then from factory you are an idiot. I mean, if it were safe to and designed for your modification then Can Am would be doing it at the factory wouldn't they?

No more lifts. No more harness bars. No different cages. No changing tires. No changing wheels or adding wheel spacers. No long travel. No stronger tie rods. No different seats. If these things were safe to do they would do them at the factory wouldn't they genius? Ooops I forgot Arctic Cat did change the steering at the factory on the WC4. My bad. All we did was copy them.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Using your logic if you change ANYTHING then from factory you are an idiot. I mean, if it were safe to and designed for your modification then Can Am would be doing it at the factory wouldn't they?

No more lifts. No more harness bars. No different cages. No changing tires. No changing wheels or adding wheel spacers. No long travel. No stronger tie rods. No different seats. If these things were safe to do they would do them at the factory wouldn't they genius? Ooops I forgot Arctic Cat did change the steering at the factory on the WC4. My bad. All we did was copy them.
You can twist words all you want, the fact is unless it's done aftermarket PROPERLY like most the kits you mention are it's doing something it wasn't meant to do. You are just a fool to come here and argue a moot point, but waste your time all you like. No one is saying that the Cat is a POS...but you harping like a school yard kid certainly doesn't help. Just makes you look stupid and like you have too much time on your hands. But hey, thank you for the amusement. Go lay down by your dish now, thanks.

·
Registered
197 Posts
You can twist words all you want, the fact is unless it's done aftermarket PROPERLY like most the kits you mention are it's doing something it wasn't meant to do. You are just a fool to come here and argue a moot point, but waste your time all you like. No one is saying that the Cat is a POS...but you harping like a school yard kid certainly doesn't help. Just makes you look stupid and like you have too much time on your hands. But hey, thank you for the amusement. Go lay down by your dish now, thanks.
I was never arguing whether the cat or any other SxS is a POS either, the argument is you spreading bad information about the steering and apparently any other modification that someone doesn't pay someone else to do. No need to twist words you lay out what you don't know in the open for all the world to see.

So according to you only the aftermarket can build things properly, people with skills and talent are not capable of making their own parts. I didn't mention any "kits" practically everything mentioned are parts anyone with talent can build or adapt to these machines. Do you even listen to yourself to see if what you are saying makes sense??????

I have the steering, so do many others, it works fine. You probably have never even seen one in person that has been modified, there is no "hardened" part like you were babbling about before. The fool is the one that talks about something he does not really know anything about, trying to act like he knows something. I will clue you in that person is YOU since you can't figure that out. I bet you can't even find an example of anyone that has had a problem with the modified steering, all you are is a legend in your own mind telling others who have actually done something that is can't be done.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Listen Tx you inbred moron, I had a Wildcat. Not many in this thread can say that that are Maverick owners. Take your school yard crap elsewhere, no one gives a damn what you think or say. Can't you pick that up? The Wildcat is a decent machine, but drilling out and hacking your machine to tighten the turning radius is moronic in my OPINION and I am entitled to it. So stop trying to come here beat your chest and tell me I can't speak my mind. It doesn't surprise me that you did it one bit. If someone releases a properly engineered kit for it? Great. If the new ones are better? Great. This is about DRILLING IT OUT, and that in my OPINION is dumb. So take a hike. When someone's tire folds under them and they flip end over end and get seriously hurt because they hacked up their machine, no one here will say we told you so...in spite of you being an idiot. It WILL happen eventually, mark my words.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Maverickmn, Curious why you got rid of the Wildcat?
I did not make an educated purchase....I made an emotional one. The Wildcat is sexy...but not practical. I bought a 12...it had that blasted wet clutch. I could barely spin my tires from a dead stop...and I'm that asshole that if I see mud I am trying to spray anyone that gets too close to me. =) So to get rid of it, we are talking $2000...and I still had 77 HP. It squeaked and rattled from day one, and the transmission whines more than TxChristopher does....which was hugely annoying in my GoPro videos. Now the upside? That damn suspension was amazing. The 12 would blow the doors off on whoops even the Maverick, and especially the Rzr. But that was it. The cockpit? Ugh, don't even want to go there. Banging my knees constantly, having to cross my left leg under my right because there was no foot room.....the list was just too long. The first time I sat in a Maverick it was over. I was reading the threads here...I knew the risks on the clutch. I traded my Wildcat in with 300 miles on it...took a BLOODBATH on it. When you call an Arctic Cat dealer and they offer you $7000 on a new machine you JUST bought? That's a HUGE indication in my opinion of what was in the future. The dealer told me Arctic Cat was giving them away trying to get rid of their inventory to dealers....so mine was worthless damn near. I got $10,800 for it on trade...and they did me a HUGE favor. That SOB still is on their show floor. I paid 15something for it...and bought the $2000 warranty...so my loss on it was massive. Oh well, lesson learned. I love the Maverick and I'm one that had the clutch grenade at 29 miles. No regrets.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I did not make an educated purchase....I made an emotional one. The Wildcat is sexy...but not practical. I bought a 12...it had that blasted wet clutch. I could barely spin my tires from a dead stop...and I'm that asshole that if I see mud I am trying to spray anyone that gets too close to me. =) So to get rid of it, we are talking $2000...and I still had 77 HP. It squeaked and rattled from day one, and the transmission whines more than TxChristopher does....which was hugely annoying in my GoPro videos. Now the upside? That damn suspension was amazing. The 12 would blow the doors off on whoops even the Maverick, and especially the Rzr. But that was it. The cockpit? Ugh, don't even want to go there. Banging my knees constantly, having to cross my left leg under my right because there was no foot room.....the list was just too long. The first time I sat in a Maverick it was over. I was reading the threads here...I knew the risks on the clutch. I traded my Wildcat in with 300 miles on it...took a BLOODBATH on it. When you call an Arctic Cat dealer and they offer you $7000 on a new machine you JUST bought? That's a HUGE indication in my opinion of what was in the future. The dealer told me Arctic Cat was giving them away trying to get rid of their inventory to dealers....so mine was worthless damn near. I got $10,800 for it on trade...and they did me a HUGE favor. That SOB still is on their show floor. I paid 15something for it...and bought the $2000 warranty...so my loss on it was massive. Oh well, lesson learned. I love the Maverick and I'm one that had the clutch grenade at 29 miles. No regrets.
You can ask for a refund on the unused portion of your extended warranty.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I did...and 2 months later...nothing. I called the dealer and they played all stupid on me. Very annoying...promised they'd call back and you guessed it they did not. If it comes it comes....I can't chase it indefinitely and if I sue them? I pay 5 grand to get 2. I assume that's what they are banking on.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Well, I had the opportunity to drive my Buddies 2013 XRS over the weekend. My thoughts are this. Overall it is Commander now only with a higher center of gravity. Yes it does have more power and better brakes and yes the suspension is better than a stock Commander and is more stable than a stock Commander. However my long travel Commander is just as stable and rides better then his Maverick. Unless drastic shock work or replacement is done to the Maverick from the factory, I do not see me dropping that kind of money into a machine that really has no more to offer me than my Commander. If I was starting fresh then yes the Maverick would be the one I would purchase. So I am now leaning back towards the Wildcat "X". Still need to test ride one to be sure.
Well guys after careful deliberation I decided on the Wildcat "X" and will be picking it up on Saterday. I will still be around as I am keeping my Commander and my bud has a new Maverick. Becides this way I can give you guys a chance to say I told ya so! lol Happy trails.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Well guys after careful deliberation I decided on the Wildcat "X" and will be picking it up on Saterday. I will still be around as I am keeping my Commander and my bud has a new Maverick. Becides this way I can give you guys a chance to say I told ya so! lol Happy trails.
just make sure u get a full coverage warranty for the life that u owe the pos I mean kitty !!

enjoy bud !!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
I'm not going anywhere as I am still a Can Am Commander owner and fan. I believe that Can am will eventually come out with a tube frame machine with a lower center of gravity and then I will be back in the market for one. Well that is if I live long enough lol. The longer wheel base and lower center of gravity were two main reasons for my decision. The Wildcat is more buggy like what I am accustomed to. I did have the dealer install the closer ratio steering knuckles they use on the 4 seater to give it a much tighter turning radius. The kit also comes with the larger rotors and 2 piston calipers that increase the brake power a lot.

·
Vendor
6,222 Posts
Yes the XP1000 is NOT a true tube chassis. Let me make this very clear, turning all your square tube to round does not make it a tube chassis.

On the other hand they did a good job with the Wildcat frame/chassis wise.

101 - 120 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.