Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
You can spend a grand and get the shocks on the maverick to work better than the wildcat set up. You can have all the travel in the world but you need to be able to use it. The springs on the maverick are way to stiff. Change the springs and have someone who knows how to valve shocks do there magic. Then you will have power and great ride.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Haha, why does he always show up here?
funny I think his bud from here goes and tells him there is wildcat bashing going on here and to come and save the kittys , lol

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
they use the good silicone ! lol

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
lol

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Yeah . . . . you don't have a clue what you are talking about.
Actually, you are an idiot for even saying so. Go drill out your steering like a moron, be my guest. But wait, I bet you already have. Point proven. If it was safe and designed for that modification, GUESS WHAT? Artic Cat would be doing it at the factory wouldn't they?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
We don't have to much to laugh at when you see the pics of mavericks with a primary threw the clutch cover. But it's better then a motor getting replaced
ya but still the maverick even looks better broken down ! lol

·
Registered
10,609 Posts
This thread went a little sideways, but still good entertainment and ribbing.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
who cares, its still a p.o.s polaris.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Well, I had the opportunity to drive my Buddies 2013 XRS over the weekend. My thoughts are this. Overall it is Commander now only with a higher center of gravity. Yes it does have more power and better brakes and yes the suspension is better than a stock Commander and is more stable than a stock Commander. However my long travel Commander is just as stable and rides better then his Maverick. Unless drastic shock work or replacement is done to the Maverick from the factory, I do not see me dropping that kind of money into a machine that really has no more to offer me than my Commander. If I was starting fresh then yes the Maverick would be the one I would purchase. So I am now leaning back towards the Wildcat "X". Still need to test ride one to be sure.

81 - 100 of 125 Posts