Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Go read the wildcat forums the new kitty is blowing belts like crazy with there new team clutches

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
your not seeing the point

the wildcat has a team ind , clutch which is suppose to be a great aftermarket clutch , well there blowing belts under 100 miles , mavericks have not done that and when u do get a comparable clutch on a maverick it puts down 10 more HP and doesn't blow belts anything like a kitty does , so u think a maverick has chitty clutching --- well the kittys have a aftermarket hi performance clutch and it still sucks !!!

we have 3 kitty's X in the family so I know !

·
Registered
4,535 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
The motor issues have been taken care of? What is that based on? A solid two months of them being out with actually very few sold and not many of those few sold with even 500 miles on them yet?

I would hardly consider that a proven track record since the history of this 1000 H2 motor and trans being junk dates back to 2008.
one already had a case leak to

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
get the long travel kit for the maverick and have 18'' of travel and fit n finish and TQ

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
You guys crack me up! what you read on the forums about issues (belts and clutches) seems worse because it is mostly the only topics posted on each forum. I remember many threads on this forum regarding clutch issues, which ended up with CanAm comng up with a fix. I witnessed the destruction of the bolt backing out. In the grand scheme of thisn, the forums are small sample to take from. I you read any forum and look at the topics you would think every brand is a POS.

My take is buy the machine that best fits your comfort and riding style. Both are a blast to drive and both are very fast. Suspension the wildcat wins. Overall comfort of seating area it is a toss up. CanAm gets the edge in ergonomics. Power between the X and Maverick is comparable in stock form. You can not go wrong with either machine.

Good luck!
what kind of sxs do u have sandy shark?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I'm still rocking a rhino for now. I will be upgrading soon. Just waiting to see the new rzr1000 and then will make up my mind.

Also can't decide between a 4 seat or 2 seat. As the wifey has not been riding and it is usually me and my son I'm leaning toward a 2 seater.
right on , ya I didn't know if u had rhino still or something new, but ya wait till the rzr is out for a few months, lol

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Your missing the point here. I do not want to have to spend another 5k in suspension to get a good ride, been there done that!
u can get a 2013 maverick 12,999 plus 5k suspension kit and still have 10x the machine a wildcat will ever be ! and be cheaper to

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Were are you getting one for 12,900? Is that the standard model?
base at ride now Peoria , I just left there, I dropped mav off for recall !

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
So when you buy a harness bar, make sure it will fit your machine! I found this out the hard way this week.....
it says right there on can am's site harness bar will not fit 2013 lol

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
it says right there on can am's site harness bar will not fit 2013 lol

I agree…..I even pointed that out to the dealer and they said it would fit….sure enough, no such luck. Tyler over at Devious PowerSports hooked me up with a UTVinc bar….
im super stumped as to why it wont fit either weird they made the cage wider ?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I was told that Team Industries builds the diffs for the Wildcat. Only myself and 1 other guy that I know of have managed to bust a diff, and I busted my front diff trying to drive only on the front diff after breaking the rear driveshaft. So in the last year and half there have been a total of TWO broken diffs on the Wildcat forum. Probably that many or more broken Maverick diffs already.

The engines are manufactured and built in St Cloud, Minnesota they are not Chinese crap that's just silly. The rear driveshaft has since been updated by Arctic Cat and nobody has broken one, not to say that they won't but the original driveshaft was not broken except by a handful of people anyway.

Sadly there is a lot of bad info in this thread. There is plenty of good info from many posters too but some of you are worse than housewives spreading ridiculous rumors.
no sir no broken diffs

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Haha, why does he always show up here?
funny I think his bud from here goes and tells him there is wildcat bashing going on here and to come and save the kittys , lol

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
they use the good silicone ! lol

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
lol

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
We don't have to much to laugh at when you see the pics of mavericks with a primary threw the clutch cover. But it's better then a motor getting replaced
ya but still the maverick even looks better broken down ! lol

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Well guys after careful deliberation I decided on the Wildcat "X" and will be picking it up on Saterday. I will still be around as I am keeping my Commander and my bud has a new Maverick. Becides this way I can give you guys a chance to say I told ya so! lol Happy trails.
just make sure u get a full coverage warranty for the life that u owe the pos I mean kitty !!

enjoy bud !!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts