Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow enthusiasts! I'm hoping to buy a used 2019 Can-Am Maverick Trail 1000 DPS. I own Ski-Doo snowmobiles, but have never owned an ATV. How am I able to tell if a unit has DPS vs. no DPS? I'm not sure if the owner will let me start it up and take it for a spin as it is in storage at this time. Thoughts? Much appreciated!!!

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. If the owner won't let you drive it, don't bother spending your money with him. Plenty of used SXSs out there. You definitely want power steering, makes the ride more enjoyable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome from Tucson AZ. If the owner won't let you drive it, don't bother spending your money with him. Plenty of used SXSs out there. You definitely want power steering, makes the ride more enjoyable.
I appreciate the advice. For future reference, is there a power steering fluid reservoir or markings showing DPS? It's a couple grand upgrade for the DPS...just want to make sure I know what to look for. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
It’s electric an will have dps switch to toggle between the 3 modes. I’d look else where if not able to start and drive it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
I appreciate the advice. For future reference, is there a power steering fluid reservoir or markings showing DPS? It's a couple grand upgrade for the DPS...just want to make sure I know what to look for. Thanks.
IDK on the Trail. Basically it should have a switch, or say it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Trail does not have a switch (or my 2018 does not). Should say DPS on the machine. Should be able to spin the steering wheel full lock both directions while sitting still without excessive effort (engine on during this).

If seller won't offer a test drive, I'd pass like others have said.

·
Registered
2020 MavS Xrc
1,139 Posts
On newer Maverick MavT/MavS platform, DPS is a "package" rather than a single option. On these models, Dynamic Power Steering is not adjustable. From BRP's flysheet for 2019 Trail model (link to original here):

SPECIFIC TO DPS PACKAGE
• Dynamic Power Steering (DPS™)
• Lockable rear differential and Visco-Lok‡ QE auto-locking front differential
• SPORT / ECO™ modes
• 12-in. (30.5 cm) cast-aluminum wheels
• Ergoprint seats with color accent
• Unique Can-Am LED signature
• Painted color options

·
Registered
2018 Can Am Maverick Trail 1000
17 Posts
It’s electric an will have dps switch to toggle between the 3 modes. I’d look else where if not able to start and drive it.

That year, I am thinking the switch will say, eco and sport. I have an 18 1000 and that is on ours.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
That year, I am thinking the switch will say, eco and sport. I have an 18 1000 and that is on ours.
I was just guessing. Og mav and x3 all have dps switch along with eco/sport switch. I’ve never been interested in a trail model so I’ve never really paid attention to the dash.

·
Registered
2017 Can-am Maverick 1000r DPS
93 Posts
I'd imagine if you posted the VIN, someone here could decode it and tell you what al the factory options are/were. If the seller is too lazy to remove it from storage for you to test drive, I'd pass for sure.

Reactions: BLR and Chaos_442
1 - 12 of 12 Posts