Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I brought my Maverick Trail 1000dps home Feb 14, 2018. My goal since I bought it was to create a high performance machine in a small package. The objective being to be able to ride anywhere in the country and to be able to fit inside a trailer with a car. The trailer will be towed behind a motor home as we explore the country on and off road.

Here are the mods I've done so far:
1. Trail Armor skid plates and A arm protectors. working great!!! Needed to take metal and create a smooth transition from the front of the skid plate to the winch.
2. Can Am winch, front bumper with corner protectors, rear bumper and spare tire holder and door bags
3. Front light bar with pod lights and rear pod lights for reverse lights.
4. Pro Armor 5 point harnesses
5. Sedona mud rebel r/t tires on raceline beadlock wheels with 5+2 offset
6. STM Primary and secondary clutches. Believe the hype! Still amazed how much more power is put to the ground
7. X3 style gauges. I can now see all the data at once
8. HMF full exhaust with Dynojet tuner. Really work up the engine!
9. Rouge screens on the front and back. I went this these instead of windows due to the heat in Georgia
10. EMP roof
11. Elka Stage 5 shocks. With the clutches, exhaust and tune the engine outperformed the suspension. Now the suspension outperforms the engine and rides AWESOME! Future mods will balance the engine and suspension
12. Removed front sway bar. This was done way before the shocks. Great articulation, actually feels more stable once you get over the leaning feeling. Nope, doesn't dive or lean with the new shocks.
13. Handheld radios with headsets.

Next up: Ryfab rear cargo box. Mr. RPM for big bore kit, heads, cams and tune. Eventually the cab will be fully enclosed with heat. Don't need an enclosure in Georgia but we'll be going everywhere in any conditions. Audio system, GPS and whatever else.......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Looking good! Suspension tune was one of the first things I did. Amazed at the difference (once I dialed it in). Enjoy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts