Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming from a 2012 RZR 900 that would go 77mph, I'm very dissapointed with my maverick. It has 4 hours on it, already been to dealership once for a brand new starter, and today I decided to put the fast key in, turn sport mode on for a super big disappointment of a whopping 68mph on flat hard ground. PLEASE tell me somethings wrong...

·
Registered
468 Posts
U still have completely stock primary and secondary ?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Mine went 75 the first day I had it, it might go faster I just ran out of room

·
Registered
468 Posts
Run it again and pay attention to what ur rpms are doing. We can better help u if we know what they are doing at what speeds. Probably gonna be that junk secondary spring causing ur issue

·
Registered
998 Posts
you should be seeing 76-77 mph. good chance of a bad secondary spring or maybe even the computer needing reflashed from the dealership.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Also try your other key, they may have programmed the wrong key for sport mode, they did on my outlander 1000

·
Registered
468 Posts
if the key was the issue it would cut out at 45 mph. Your machine can see 8000 at times but can also drop off slightly to 7400-7700. Thats why i said do another run and pay close attention to what ur rpms are doing and at what speed they are doing them.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
my rpms drop around 40-50 to 73-7400 , but i still hit 75ish

so all mavericks are suppose to stay hard 7900-8000 the whole time?

·
Registered
468 Posts
my rpms drop around 40-50 to 73-7400 , but i still hit 75ish

so all mavericks are suppose to stay hard 7900-8000 the whole time?
I wouldnt say the entire time but that would be where clutching comes into play. Running a clutch set up that allows you to stay in the "max power range" of 7900 to 8000 but also with enough belt pinch to keep everything spinning and not just the belt. Thats why I say its probably his secondary spring. Once he is topped out, his stock spring is not holding enough tension on the belt to transfer the power to his wheels. Instead his primary is dragging it through the secondary faster than his secondary can hold it. Thus causing him to hit the 7900-8000 rpm mark while not seeing it hit the desired top speed.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I wouldnt say the entire time but that would be where clutching comes into play. Running a clutch set up that allows you to stay in the "max power range" of 7900 to 8000 but also with enough belt pinch to keep everything spinning and not just the belt. Thats why I say its probably his secondary spring. Once he is topped out, his stock spring is not holding enough tension on the belt to transfer the power to his wheels. Instead his primary is dragging it through the secondary faster than his secondary can hold it. Thus causing him to hit the 7900-8000 rpm mark while not seeing it hit the desired top speed.

ahhh i see what ur saying !

so mine dropping down a lil then going back up is normal ? in stock form

·
Registered
468 Posts
I'd say with an all stock set up on a maverick, theres no telling whats normal haha ! :crazy:

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
no chit huh , ! lol

·
Registered
998 Posts
Benzo, I've been trying to figure this clutch thing out to. I can only go by what kelly at kms said and he said some mavericks will pull 8k and drop to 7800-7900 and then some will drop to 7300-7400. He thinks they was a bad batch of springs got out somehow. I bought a spring through airdam which is a stiffer spring so it should bring my rpms up to the idea range. I talked to one of the factory racers and he told me on his maverick set up they run a stock primary with a stiffer secondary spring.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Benzo, I've been trying to figure this clutch thing out to. I can only go by what kelly at kms said and he said some mavericks will pull 8k and drop to 7800-7900 and then some will drop to 7300-7400. He thinks they was a bad batch of springs got out somehow. I bought a spring through airdam which is a stiffer spring so it should bring my rpms up to the idea range. I talked to one of the factory racers and he told me on his maverick set up they run a stock primary with a stiffer secondary spring.
Let me know how yours does with the new spring yours dropped to in rpms ? ! Thx

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
998 Posts
will do, mine would drop to 7300-7400 rpm around 40-50 mph range. I have a video posted in another thread of a wide open run for everyone to see. I'll do another video with the new spring for comparison.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Cool thx man

yes stock tires

Sent from my maverick using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 49 Posts