Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took it out this weekend with the boys. Had a great ride until someone noticed my wheel turned in. Bent upper arm, but the damaged never stopped there. WEAK tie rods. I will tell everyone to through those things as far as you can and get some amped up billet or solid steel. Still damage was coming in. At this point i am being dragged out of the bush. Also broke an axle being towed out. Ended up just leaving it there over night before more damage would come out of this. Pick it up the next day, was able to drive right in the with pick up and trailer to grab it.

Now i know most of you guys ride dunes and trails. I am from the great white north not much for dunes, but lots of trail riding. I am not pussy footing it by any means never hit hard bumps at high speeds that is. It looked like the problem was a small weld on the UPPER ARM. That was the bend point from repetitive bumps going down trai and everything else that got broken was the drive back out. I have not had this thing that long. I am going to see if they will warranty those parts. Other then that I love this unit and is it ever a blast to ride :cool2:

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
when mine was brand new , I put the full front gusset kit on and turnkey huge solid billet tie rods!

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
sounds like an amateur driver. While driving you are supposed to avoid obstacles to save your machine. Always look for proper tire placement to avoid damage to your ride. These machines are not bomb proof.

·
Registered
649 Posts
sounds like an amateur driver. While driving you are supposed to avoid obstacles to save your machine. Always look for proper tire placement to avoid damage to your ride. These machines are not bomb proof.
X2. Ive absolutly beat the livin hell out if mine on the trail along with the last two commanders for a total milage of 6900 and nothin but maintence and normal wear and tear--- Like above proper tire placement is everything when trail riding... Knock on wood all those miles where on stock tires with not one plug with average MPH of 48 MPH...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think most of the damage was being pulled out. These machines are not light. I was pulled out going through small streams and over some logs for about 20 kms. Should all be covered under warranty also found both front axles to be broken on both outside cv joints lame lol

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
The cv's usually break like that when the steering is broken and the cv's are aloud to turn to far, so they bind and break.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Warranty does not cover abuse.
Then what are these things made for? Nice soft dirt to play on! There was no abusing the machine just riding it like everyone else was on the trail. I am sure my dealer will warranty it, if not just the parts and I will fix everything.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I doubt they warranty any of it. Plenty of mavs here that have not been bending a arms.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
A arms don't bend or rip out of the frame without some serious force applied! To bend the a arm, you had an "accident", as they would say if it were a car. If they don't warranty it for you, and you have full coverage insurance, submit a claim.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've been waiting for someone to release a beefed up set. Hope Racertech gets on board soon!
For sure it would be nice if they came out with some amped up A-Arms. I never hit nothing hard. The trail was a little rougher then normal but I was with a couple rzrs and another maverick they never bent nothing. Now that I am looking at the pictures there is a weld right where it bent. I will show pictures.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
They might say call your insurance company !

1 - 20 of 38 Posts