Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Freak accident caused my Maverick to roll into a lake. Pulled it out right away and know to replace the oil but I think there is water trapped in the intake. How do you get in there to check? I hope I am not the only owner that this has happened to:saint:

·
Registered
725 Posts
pull the drain on the intake,remove your filter pull plugs and turn motor over to blow any water out that's sitting on top of the pistons! After water has finished blowing out drain oil and fill with fresh oil. Turn motor over again and drain and refill and repeat until oil is not milky anymore.. I would flush with cheaper oil at first until all water is out. don't forget to change oil filter also

·
Registered
668 Posts
Like he said ^^^ this is common in the south mud riding world .

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Like he said ^^^ this is common in the south mud riding world .
And this corrects the problem so it will still operate normally again?
So this is why the Mud guys dont worry about driving their vehicle into the water and submersing it.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
your mufflers will probably need to be cleaned out as well. remove the plugs and cover the outlets and it will blow out anything in your exhaust as well...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Reactions: boovan

·
Registered
725 Posts
Which is another reason to snorkel your rig if you do any kind of riding near water..Better to be safe than sorry is my motto

·
Registered
182 Posts
Get a bunch of wd40, its water displacing, spray all your connections and I would put a touch in the cylinders with the plugs out to help with any water there also. It's going to stink until it burns off but it will help.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I agree if you mud you need snorkels but they will not save you from a roll over in the water. The old days of single pumpers like Hondas you could drown 10 times flush them and they would be good to go. Now dats with these twins and advanced motor many are not so lucky. To clean it good you would need to pull the motor crack the case and clean everything , flush the oil cooler , and so on . How the water was pretty clean but good luck it's been done with oil flushes so keep them fingers crossed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts