Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Maverick Sport X XC 1000R
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2021 Maverick Sport XXC being delivered in early March, and I'm looking at adding a stereo. The Maverick will have a BRP Sport Roof. The speakers I've found (Boss Audio B62RGB) are wakeboard-type that would mount on the roll-cage.

I'm wondering if these will mount on the roll-cage at either of these points:

The horizontal bar (left arrow) would be ideal, but I am concerned that the Sport Roof sits flush on this bar, not leaving enough room for the mounting clamps on the speakers. The vertical bar (right arrow) is not round, I would be concerned that the speakers round mounting clamps would not work...

Any input would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
How do you reasonably expect to enjoy stereo speakers with combo of Rotax 1000R and CVT noise at 5k+ rpms? These are very noisy performance oriented cars. For my buddy and I with MavS Xrc, it's all about noise reduction for long rides. Seems you might have ordered the wrong machine? Maybe a Commander would better suit?

Edited to clarify...

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
How do you reasonably expect to enjoy stereo speakers with combo of Rotax 1000R and CVT noise at 5k+ rpms? These are very noisy performance oriented cars. For my buddy and I with MavS Xrc, it's all about noise reduction for long rides. Seems you might have ordered the wrong machine? Maybe a Commander would better suit?

Edited to clarify...
Spend a couple grand LOL

·
Registered
153 Posts

Edited to clarify...
I agree these thing have gross cab noise at high rpm.

My buddy's 2022 X3 XRC RR is crazy quiet unless you open it up.

Still like my unit to be fare.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
Check out NOAM system. $600-$700. I'm pleased with it. I had the BOSS on my last ride and it wasn't very good. Download an equalizer app to your phone and makes the bass better.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Maverick Sport X XC 1000R
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Edited to clarify...
No,I did not order the wrong machine. I've owned a 2015 Commander 1000XT and a 2018 Maverick X3 900HO, and both of those machines were loud. I've driven a 2020 Maverick Sport XXC 1000R and it is much noticeably quieter in the cab.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Bluetooth in helmet audio for me. I can hear the music better and it blocks the cvt noise. I have a Sena 20 also so I can talk also if needed.

Not sure where everyone rides but I wish in WV that the crazy loud speakers would go away. We ride near locals houses and even churches. The less noise the better especially late at night.

I’ve heard SxS go up the road past houses in WV at 2am with speakers blasting. I have to think “WTF”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
80 Posts
This past weekend I road with a few buddies and absolutely loved one of their setups so much I hit Amazon already so my kit will be here tomorrow. I ride 75% with helmet on so normally I listen through my helmet but have been wanting something for the non helmet rides and his setup was perfect and non permanent. He had a JBL Xtreme 2 self powered speaker mounted on a fire extinguisher quick release to the cage. It was perfect. 14 hours of battery life per charge, easily removable to clean or park. Ill take some pics when I get it set up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts