Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've got a 2020 Maverick Sport XRC with low miles. After cleaning it this last time, it would not start back up. The starter relay is just clicking. I've tried the following troubleshooting with no result;

• Hooked up a jump box with no change
  • Charged the battery on a trickle charger and it's 100% charged. All accessories including stereo, led lights, powerflip windshield are all working.
  • Bought and installed a new starter relay, but same clicking is happening.
  • Battery connections are all tight.

This has to have something to do with cleaning it and not sure if anyone else has had the same issue or not?! The dealer recommended I check the battery ground to the machine. Can someone tell me where this is located?

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
2021 XDS TURBO R
6 Posts
Had the same issue with my 2021 XDS Turbo R. I re tightened battery connections, relay connections. After that, I took a heavy gauge wire to jump the relay terminals to check starter. I could hear starter spin. (I can't remember if my key was on or off, try eitherway) but after manually getting the starter to spin, it fired right up with the start/stop switch.
Good luck!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had the same issue with my 2021 XDS Turbo R. I re tightened battery connections, relay connections. After that, I took a heavy gauge wire to jump the relay terminals to check starter. I could hear starter spin. (I can't remember if my key was on or off, try eitherway) but after manually getting the starter to spin, it fired right up with the start/stop switch.
Good luck!
I just called the dealer and they suggested the same thing. He said to put the key in the on position but I can't get a screw driver in there so have to find something else. I assume that's why you mentioned heavy gauge wire?

·
Registered
2021 XDS TURBO R
6 Posts
I just called the dealer and they suggested the same thing. He said to put the key in the on position but I can't get a screw driver in there so have to find something else. I assume that's why you mentioned heavy gauge wire?
Yeah, I think I used one side of a small set of jumper cables. Anything that won't melt, or shock you

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FYI, in case other people are reading with this issue. After digging in more, I located the starter which you may or may not know is in the middle of the motor behind the head. You can see the ground bolted directly to the motor and when I checked the terminal (w/red rubber boot) going into the starter, it was completely loose. The nut must have gotten loose and the power washer may have loosened it even more. Tightened it up and voila, it started no problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts