Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I know the sway bar(s) are the never-ending conversation starters here, but I’ve doing my research on the clunking noise up front on my 2020 sport xrc with 350 miles. Based on feedback from others, I checked all the bolts and they are tight. Basically, if I grab the front sway bar and rock it left and right, it moves pretty easy and recreates the clunking noise. I called the dealer and he checked another sport on the floor and said it should NOT have that play. Are the (2) front sway bar bushings (mounted to the frame with grease points) shot already at 350 miles?

·
Registered
147 Posts
You are the only person I’ve seen still using the front sway bar after 1 ride. It’s last movement should be to the shelf in your garage as I’m pretty sure CanAm installs them purely for liability reasons.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are the only person I’ve seen still using the front sway bar after 1 ride. It’s last movement should be to the shelf in your garage as I’m pretty sure CanAm installs them purely for liability reasons.
LOL! Ok, I'll take it off tonight and try it out.

·
Registered
147 Posts
LOL! Ok, I'll take it off tonight and try it out.
I have my rear bar removed too. Ride comfort is greatly improved and much better for technical riding. I still throw the machine around at 60 mph on the roads just fine, doesn’t bother me as I drive top heavy work vehicles every day so I’m use to vehicles leaning.

·
Registered
25 Posts
2019 Sport XRC had clunking after maybe 200 Km (120 Miles for you southern folk). No tightening solved this but I decided to try with no swaybars same as Turbo293 and would never go back. No clunking, great articulation for technical riding ( I do a lot) and much smoother ride. I don't race but it will oversteer a bit in a corner under power.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Took the front off tonight. I’ll give it a run tomorrow & provide some feedback. Thanks all for the nudge. When I took the sway bar off the driver side a arm hole had the Orange paint worn down from the bolt washer. Clearly it was moving around and wore out some paint.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I gotta get my front sway bar off.. id also like to make a disconnect for the rear when we do slower Rocky trail rides but I think the arm will hit the sway bar if I remove 1 link.

Sent from my SM-G998W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
562 Posts
I gotta get my front sway bar off.. id also like to make a disconnect for the rear when we do slower Rocky trail rides but I think the arm will hit the sway bar if I remove 1 link.

Sent from my SM-G998W using Tapatalk
I keep thinking about removing the front sway bar, just wondering how much it effects handling on blacktop where we are running 50-65 mph.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hey There,

I have done both removed, and only rear removed, Walker links, etc. The rear bar removed worked the best. I just remove the sway bar links and rotate the bar upward using zip ties to secure it. Really doesn't move around at all.

Dwayne

·
Registered
142 Posts
I keep thinking about removing the front sway bar, just wondering how much it effects handling on blacktop where we are running 50-65 mph.
IMO it doesn't really affect handling when you're simply commuting on paved roads. It certainly affects swerving or hard cornering but I never do that on pavement, so in reality it has had no detrimental effects on our rides and has had significant improvements on the trails. I took it completely off and couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey There,

I have done both removed, and only rear removed, Walker links, etc. The rear bar removed worked the best. I just remove the sway bar links and rotate the bar upward using zip ties to secure it. Really doesn't move around at all.

Dwayne
Been thinking about doing this.....just the rear. We don't really ride very hard so figured it would work out good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So I disconnected my rear sway bar and tried it out this weekend. I like the way it handles now. Gonna keep it that way. It really sucks that you have to completely remove the rear lower "A" arm to completely remove that sway bar!!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Most people just remove the front bar. Removing the rear only will make it oversteer insanely bad if you put it into a skid.

Front engine: heavy front sway bar needed
Rear engine: heavy rear sway bar needed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Most people just remove the front bar. Removing the rear only will make it oversteer insanely bad if you put it into a skid.

Front engine: heavy front sway bar needed
Rear engine: heavy rear sway bar needed.
Hooked the rear back on and gonna try disconnecting the front this weekend. I'll see how I like that!!

Question on the rear... I have some play around the left center rubber bushing. Is that ok or should that bushing be replaced?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hooked the rear back on and gonna try disconnecting the front this weekend. I'll see how I like that!!

Question on the rear... I have some play around the left center rubber bushing. Is that ok or should that bushing be replaced?
I don't think it will hurt anything other than noise. The caps are plastic anyway so they don't last long, except mine because they are on the shelf in the garage.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts