Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

Thought I had a rear axle seal leak, tore everything apart to get at the seal and found the Oring was destroyed on the Axle. Its purpose is to seal crap out and keep grease on the splines where the axle goes into the rear gearcase. Looks like the spline grease just got warm on seeped out a bit.

I cannot for the life of me find one. Or a part number. I have found some but they arent the right size thickness wise.

Called dealership, tried local parts stores, nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
9,958 Posts
Check Rocky Mountain. Look under OEM parts. They have a microfiche of every year / model / part.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's the first place I looked. Doesn't even show the oring at all in any of the drawings....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses - the circlip isnt it. There is an actual oring that isn't shown on any of the drawings.... :(

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IMG_20191129_133414.jpg

There is one, and it's supposed to be there. It's torn, there is an oring groove there. It's by design. Can-Am just decided it wasn't important enough to include it on the drawings.

·
Registered
488 Posts
No sir but worked on alot of can ams and never came across a missing part in a parts fiche and has me scratching my head trying to find it

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah it's pretty ridiculous if you ask me... I'll keep looking this week and hopefully find the correct oring.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Denver Broncos - where did you come up with that one? I know those are used for the front axle under the circlip on the X3...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So I bought a shop manual and it does indeed show the o-ring. It does not however have a part number or any specifications. It only says "NEW" in bold print pointing to the o-ring and circlip.... I emailed Can-Am with the information and am waiting for a response.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I got the machine fixed. Found that the correct oring is actually from the rear axle assembly for a Defender HD10. I went out on a limb when I read online that the defender hd10 and maverick sport rear axles are interchangeable.

I called Can-Am 3 times and was put on hold for 30+ Minutes.
I Emailed Can-Am and the email was "redirected" 3 times to "an expert", still no real response from them after 3 weeks.
I called the dealership and they basically said I had to order an entire new axle to get a $1 part.
NO Maverick Sport print, parts diagram, or shop manual has this oring listed on it.

The correct part number for the rear axle spline oring is 715900579. Hopefully this information helps someone in the future. Without this installed your splines will get rusty and packed full of crap. Possibly locking the axle shaft into the rear gearcase.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts