Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if the Maverick comes with the standard Rotax engine out of the 1000 Commander, what engine mods are people seeing the most results with?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Thats the deal! There are harldly any bolt on mods that do any serious power gains, Clutching these pigs is where its at for now

·
Registered
10 Posts
Isn't Greg at Mrrpm up to an 1108 or bigger already?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was told it has a completely new block... Wasn't told WHAT was new about it but was assured it was more ponies....
Ahhh, should be very interesting. Been hearing everything from pumped up Commander motor to E-Tec 1200 motor to Spyder motor, all new will be cool.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am really hoping for the 1200, but if it is a hoped up 1K I am still going for it. The only thing that will stop me will be the cockpit. Being 6'5", I don't fit in everything due to leg room. But I do fit (bearly) in a commander.

I've been wanting to go to the commander for the last year, but I have been holding out for the Sporty! Hope I am not disappointed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
the 1200 4 tec outta the sleds would be easy to fit behind the seats it is a inline triple four stroke thats already belt drive and 140hp, but i think the 800 etec at 163hp would be much cooler specially with a noise maker. nothing sounds as good as a 2 stroke

Attachments

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
the 1200 4 tec outta the sleds would be easy to fit behind the seats it is a inline triple four stroke thats already belt drive and 140hp, but i think the 800 etec at 163hp would be much cooler specially with a noise maker. nothing sounds as good as a 2 stroke
just no torque

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Its not a manual clutch. Spyder SE5 The SE5 is a semi-automatic transmission, which shifts sequentially 1-2-3-4-5 and 5-4-3-2-1. There is no foot shifter. Instead, a paddle-shifter located below the left hand-grip is used to up-shift and down-shift. Simply use your thumb to push the paddle forward to up-shift, and use your index finger to pull the paddle backward to down-shift. Note the Spyder's computer will automatically down-shift for you when the engine speed drops below 2,500 RPM. To engage Reverse, pull the paddle backward and press the R (Reverse) button.[10

1 - 20 of 44 Posts