Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Overall they seem impressed except for visco lok an the lack of power steering. Makes me wonder why canam didn't spec QE an PS as standard equipment

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like they rode the one with all the accessories on which would be a reason for lack of acceleration due to the extra weight. I have no doubt this machine will be faster than the rzr xp. Overall the review seemed mostly positive. I'm starting to get anxious myself lol

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm getting anxious for my xrs, hopefully Polaris doesn't come out with a game changer again to keep me on the popo bandwagon lol.. I think Johnny may know something we don't as I follow his posts in rzr forums.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My dealer told me I was looking at around February or march before mine comes in. If mine was to show up in December I believe I'll hold off and get the next one to see what is coming out in January

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So some of the rzr guys claim the xp will be faster up olds. What's you opinion glamisfan? Have you rode a xp to compare it to?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hopefully the 85 mph on dirt is true! Hopefully some other guys can ask the same question. I asked the canam guys when they was at trailfest what the top speed was and he said he though around 76 mph, he had claimed to had rode the maverick on sand only so maybe it does have a few more mph on dirt.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I agree 100% glamisfan. At some point they are going to but dune only sxs and east coast sxs. If polaris builds something similar to the wildcat I'm out, I dont like anything about the arctic cat what so ever. I think what can am has with the maverick could possibly be the best for both worlds. The tta suspension set up will be alot better for us trail riders, I dont know how many times I had to straighten the radius rods on my xp or get hung up due to the low hanging trailing arm setup. But 64" is definitely as wide as I can go for the areas I ride and sometimes thats a little to wide

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I'll be going can am regardless of what comes out this winter. After riding a commander and just the ergonomics of the sitting and controls sold me on can am. Much more comfortable ride, and with the maverick I'll have more performance on tap than I did with the xp which I could barely utilize. Should make for a perfect ride for me and anyone that likes to take a passenger

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I was hoping to see more interest and reviews also. I'll give a unbiased report on one when I get mine, but something that's starting to get on my nerves is supposedly these machines are a few months out and no release date. I mean really can-am I'm getting ready to spend around 20k on a machine and you can't give me a better release date estimate than feb-April

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Good review. Big difference in power? Also how did you feel the throttle response was compared to the xp?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts