Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Maverick Rear Tie Rods

10K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  heavysledz 
CT Racing Rear radius rods Review

Here is a quick review on the CT Racing rear radius rod kit that I installed on my Maverick.

As with all of the products I have purchased for my Maverick from Alex at CT Racing, the craftsmanship and quality of the components are nothing less than amazing. comparing the OEM rods to these units, you can instantly see the difference in craftsmanship as well as strength between the two. Installation was quick and only took around 10-15 minutes to do each side. I simply measured the distance from the center of each tire at the rear most point of the tire prior to removing the OEM units. I then removed the mounting bolt on the inner bushing and tightened the adjuster all the way in to shorten the rod and then slipped it out and away from the mount. This allowed me to leave the outer rod end attached to the spindle. I then unthreaded the OEM rod and threaded on the CT racing radius rod onto the outer rod end and then placed the inner rod end back into the mount and adjusted the rod length until the mounting bolt would slide thru. After torquing down the mounting bolt, I simply referenced the center-to-center measurement I had taken previously and adjusted the radius rod to that measurement. I then tightened the locking nuts and proceeded to do the same to the other side.

I was able to give them a thorough test this weekend by putting about 50 miles of very harsh riding on them in various conditions ranging from 3' whoops sections at 45+ mph to high speed desert riding on very rough washouts with square edged bumps and rocky sections. I even threw in some moderate jumps and high banked turns on a MX track. I will say that my stock radius rods never broke on me, but while removing them, I did notice the bushings were all ready starting to develop some noticeable slop after only 300 miles even thought they were greased after ever 50 miles or so of use. The CT Racing radius rods are rock solid and have zero slop translating into a very predictable and straight ride.

Overall, my initial impressions on the CT Racing radius rods is that they are built extremely well and give me the confidence to push my machine even harder now knowing that I do not have to worry about if or when they might brake on me and leave me stranded or even worse injured. I highly recommend these radius rods to anyone who rides their Maverick like it was intended to be ridden.

Alex - Thanks again for providing another great product for the Maverick!

Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Bumper All-terrain vehicle
Auto part Vehicle Suspension Suspension part Car
Yellow Auto part Vehicle Suspension Tire
Vehicle Auto part Suspension Suspension part Car

Alex...no problem......sorry, I should have mentioned that in my review.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.