Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here are a couple pics during the process. I made a tray, and added a second battery, the pump, solenoid and isolater solenoid in the front under the little hood. Tight but it all fits.

The stroke of the cylinder needed to be so short, I could find anything close. So i got a longer one, cut it down, rethreaded the ends and made the end caps. had to make the rod too..
I used PSC’s idea for the cylinder mounting... not ready to post those pics yet though... (lol). Honestly i thought there would be much more interest from people to get it, which is why i took the time to make the prints, but i guess not... of course, im not much of a salesman, and dont know a whole lot about marketing... I personally will not make another one, my machines are manual, and i have far too much time in it to make money. But if someone was interested, I can have a complete kit made up for about $3,500.00

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh and all of the Suspension geometry has been figured in retaining the factory settings when the rear is centered. In other words when the rear tires are centered, there wont be any more or any less bump steer than there is on the stock setup.

·
Premium Member
3,155 Posts
Good work. I think your biggest problem will be the OGs are now replaced with the X3 and they are such a more capable machine that OGs aren’t nearly as common

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’m finishing up my RTC elec./hyd. rear steer project currently if anyone is still interested in this thread... 🤷‍♂️ For what it’s worth, I chose the new Sport platform over the X3, as it’s a less than ideal machine for rear steer.

·
Registered
348 Posts
interested to see the final product and review.

·
Registered
14 Posts
interested to see the final product and review.
Deal. I currently have all key components installed and system plumbed. I’m out west in the desert, so I’m good having my RTC operate using limit switches. If this was a mud rig, I would have probably gone a different route. Just needs to be wired and filled with fluid.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts