Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have some thoughts about making ultimate Mav exhaust and need some advice!

System highlights:

- this is going to be full system with out cat;
- i plan to make headers 25-30% bigger in diameter and then connect them in Y section - maybe 3" wide stainless steel pipe;
- than connect all system to customized MagnaFlow race muffler and tip somewhere where the stock cans are located on the frame;
- muffler has 3" inlet and outlet, 3" inch core and 6" body and will provide zero restriction in combination with high flow headers, all stainless steel construction.
MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

Tuning:
- to properly tune the engine i plan to use racing tuning harness, dyno in performance shop and dobeck tuner with on board AFR sensor.

Thank you for your attention! What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
making to big of an exhaust on a NA motor isn't worth it , and what u describe will be pretty loud , check utube for other custom maverick exhaust inventions that have been done already !

·
Vendor
224 Posts
I think the diameters are a bit on the big side. Collector diameter and location will effect scavenging and that can play a big effect on whether or not you actually gain any power as well, so I would recommend doing some research on that before you start buying material. There is not a lot of power to be found in the exhaust on the Mav, but a well built system should see a few HP gain with a dialed Dobeck unit.

Nate
Alba Racing

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
Hi guys, I have some thoughts about making ultimate Mav exhaust and need some advice!

System highlights:

- this is going to be full system with out cat;
- i plan to make headers 25-30% bigger in diameter and then connect them in Y section - maybe 3" wide stainless steel pipe;
- than connect all system to customized MagnaFlow race muffler and tip somewhere where the stock cans are located on the frame;
- muffler has 3" inlet and outlet, 3" inch core and 6" body and will provide zero restriction in combination with high flow headers, all stainless steel construction.
MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles

Tuning:
- to properly tune the engine i plan to use racing tuning harness, dyno in performance shop and dobeck tuner with on board AFR sensor.

Thank you for your attention! What are your thoughts?
I think lots of Mav owners don't purchase any of the aftermarket exhaust systems because no current maker has simply showed a video of a stock Mav vs their exhaust Mav comparison. When I see that and not dyno numbers I might be interested in an aftermarket exhaust if its not too much noise. The cost, noise vs benefit has got to make since for us and we want to see the proof.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
If you do take the time to build your own full system, I would look at keeping the pipes as low as possible as well as the muffler/silencer. This would free up a lot of space above and would allow you to remove the rack and possibly build a trunk or bed area for much more storage.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Made this collector to replace the big anchor,no results on the effects if any from it yet,just wanted to save a lil more weight, I'm not a fan of the premade 'Y 'style collector, too harsh on the exhaust flow. I've gone two into one on the exhaust , just getting it C coated now. I'm no expert by any means ,just like to try different ideas that seem practical. ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1390378906.884075.jpg

Collector looks uneven in pic ,just the angle of pic

1 - 8 of 8 Posts