Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally go the three other UTV's that belong to my friends fixed and out of shop. Now I can concentrate on the Maverick.

Gonna start by getting some baselines, feel free to suggest some other baselines to look at.

0-50mph timed runs
Graph RPM (shift speed for clutching) on the dyno
Max HP numbers in stock form and graph it all the way through on dyno
Graph Air/fuel ratios on dyno

Do the last two runs with no filter and air box lid on and with no lid and no filter to test or prove changing filter or modifying lid helps or hurts. No vehicle ever tested gained any on these test.

After the baseline runs, install the Dalton clutch kit test then add the Muzzy full exhaust. Still waiting on exhaust to get here, expect it sometime next week.

Any suggestions?

Todd

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
I know a lot of the guys on here including myself would like to see if there is any hint of a power increase with the cats gutted out of the factory exhaust with the resonator still on. I think now would be a good time to do it since you still have the factory exhaust on.

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know a lot of the guys on here including myself would like to see if there is any hint of a power increase with the cats gutted out of the factory exhaust with the resonator still on. I think now would be a good time to do it since you still have the factory exhaust on.
I don't see that one being tested. Kinda like a X over pipe replacement.

I am not going to destroy the stock exhaust, it is very expensive, might want to resuse it or sell it one day.

Send me one gutted and I will.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Get the rackzilla problems figured out. I need a rack in a bad way. It would also be interesting to see if u gain anything by swapping throttle bodies. They have a tb made for an Audi the part # 0280750009. U can get them on eBay cheap. All u gotta do is swap out the plastic piece. It's 6 clips. Some folks say that for the price of the part 100-150 bucks u can gain 5+ hp

·
Registered
791 Posts
^^^X2 on the throttle body. I was thinking about picking one up.

Also would like to see before and after Muzzy exhaust on the Maverick, same dyno, same clutching, proper tuning of A/F on each.

I have been running a rackzilla for 400 miles now with 34's and a 3" lift Josh. No problems yet, and I don't baby it.

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get the rackzilla problems figured out. I need a rack in a bad way. It would also be interesting to see if u gain anything by swapping throttle bodies. They have a tb made for an Audi the part # 0280750009. U can get them on eBay cheap. All u gotta do is swap out the plastic piece. It's 6 clips. Some folks say that for the price of the part 100-150 bucks u can gain 5+ hp
The Rackzilla and stock rack issue seems to be fixed, I am getting one of the new racks next week or maybe it was shipping next week. There is now going to be high articulation inner tie rod ends.

I will look at the TB you mentioned.

I really was asking for suggestions on any other base information anyone thought I might want to gather before adding products to it. I want to make sure I get it covered before adding, don't like taking back off and back on again.

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^^X2 on the throttle body. I was thinking about picking one up.

Also would like to see before and after Muzzy exhaust on the Maverick, same dyno, same clutching, proper tuning of A/F on each.

I have been running a rackzilla for 400 miles now with 34's and a 3" lift Josh. No problems yet, and I don't baby it.
The before and after muzzy deal is exactly what I am going to do. On your Rackzilla, mostly only the racers or people who are getting some air seem to be having the issues.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Like rtb said we want u to use the muzzy digitune that they sell with it and get the air fuel right and get us some useable numbers, thanks

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Like rtb said we want u to use the muzzy digitune that they sell with it and get the air fuel right and get us some useable numbers, thanks
Won't be using the Muzzy digitune, I don't care for that product. I will be using the much better Dobeck Gen 4 controller. That Digitune is made by Dobeck.

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just looked on ebay for this, I saw them for about $300 new. Where did you see or read about swapping this throttle body out at?

·
Registered
998 Posts
I'd do a dyno run with the post filter in and one without the post filter. I'm looking forward to some exhaust results, I've talked to a few can am x teams and they claim the yoshimura is a legit 4.5 hp gain and even brp acknowledged the gain.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Won't be using the Muzzy digitune, I don't care for that product. I will be using the much better Dobeck Gen 4 controller. That Digitune is made by Dobeck.
I would also be curious to see if you can get any gains by just sharpening up the tuning on the stock motor with stock exhaust.

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would also be curious to see if you can get any gains by just sharpening up the tuning on the stock motor with stock exhaust.
That I am going to try. The stock O2 sensors which only control idles and right off idle or lower cruise will stay intact and operational with what we do. The midrange and wide open may change. Looking forward to get some baseline stuff to see what is needed. I will be reporting as I go, some of it may be old news to some of you but new to me. I don't know how to use the search box!!! LOL Also I want to do it myself.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Hmmm! seems like such a waste of O2 sensors to just program them to only adjust at low RPM conditions. I suppose if your going to add a Turbo and a piggyback controller then it is an advantage.

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmmm! seems like such a waste of O2 sensors to just program them to only adjust at low RPM conditions. I suppose if your going to add a Turbo and a piggyback controller then it is an advantage.
Actually most all vehicles are like this. Most people don't understand most vehicles, this one, your car etc have what is called narrow band sensors and only operate in a narrow range for cruising. They will NOT compensate for mods etc. A aftermarket system like I mentioned with a O2 sensor has a wideband sensor and it with the box adjust fuel for mods.

BRP does this believe it or not for something to do with EPA points where as they can make it run lean and make the EPA happy which in turn gives them some kind of points they can use then they use them on vehicle that fails EPA regulations. Also, there is even companies who sell their points to other companies. Sounds weird but it is true.

And to answer your question, the stock system does not help when adding aftermarket, actually it would be better without but if you unhook you will get a code so since it only adjust down low we just let it do it and take over after.

Todd

·
Registered
998 Posts
Brp supposedly has a race computer out that does away with all the electronic governors, I still havent heard of who or how we are suppose to get ahold of these

1 - 20 of 28 Posts