61 - 80 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Shoot me a price I want one...

·
Registered
417 Posts
Super ATV what is blue line for ??? does this unit have rpm/speed sensing and what would you tap into on the Mav if it does?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
That is for the speed sensitive hook up on other models. Its not required to be hooked up on the Maverick.
Good Information! Thank you..

·
Registered
48 Posts
I installed my Super Atv steering kit last ight. I got it last week and have been traveling and quite honestly was putting it off. I had installed 2 steering kits on RZR's and had to drill holes. I was not looking forward to doing that again. I was shocked at how quickly and easily it all went together. I have not wired it up yet, but that looks quick and easy. The only issue I had is the clearance at the brake pedal bracket. After I tightened everything up, the bolt at that lower u Joint is just barely hitting the bracket. I am sure I can adjust that by moving the mounting bracket a little bit, just didn't feel like messing with it last night. Instructions are easy to follow and I look forward to hitting the dunes with it over Spring Break in a couple of weeks.

·
Vendor
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
I installed my Super Atv steering kit last ight. I got it last week and have been traveling and quite honestly was putting it off. I had installed 2 steering kits on RZR's and had to drill holes. I was not looking forward to doing that again. I was shocked at how quickly and easily it all went together. I have not wired it up yet, but that looks quick and easy. The only issue I had is the clearance at the brake pedal bracket. After I tightened everything up, the bolt at that lower u Joint is just barely hitting the bracket. I am sure I can adjust that by moving the mounting bracket a little bit, just didn't feel like messing with it last night. Instructions are easy to follow and I look forward to hitting the dunes with it over Spring Break in a couple of weeks.
Thank you for the feedback, we have redesigned a new bracket that will be going out now. That does allow more clearance between the shaft and pedal assembly. Not that there is a real issue with what you have it will work and works great, we saw room for improvement so that's what we've done.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thank you for the feedback, we have redesigned a new bracket that will be going out now. That does allow more clearance between the shaft and pedal assembly. Not that there is a real issue with what you have it will work and works great, we saw room for improvement so that's what we've done.
Yep, I think I wil have clearance just fine once I adjust the mounting bracket. It was just barely hitting anyhow and I could probably maybe just turn the bolt a bit and solve it, but I will readjust that bracket. Nice job on the kit though. It was much easier to install than my RZR kits were. I don't remember what brand they were.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm still on the fence. I pick up my Xrs sunday and will go for a ride then. Going to be riding on trails and not in the sand. Well let me refraze that. I'll be riding trail covered with snow. Still I dont think it will be a soft as sand. So Im wondering if riding on trail where most of the time its hard packed am I going to need PS? Will it eliminate Kick back? And I imagine that on a slow rock crawling trail it would come in handy.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Im still waiting on mine to get finished on the install, I hope the new bracket will be here Friday at some point.......Mine will not work with what they sent me...once installed I will report back.....

61 - 80 of 284 Posts