Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
41 - 60 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Waiting to post pictures till its complete, UTV inc kind of slowed the build down by forgetting to add intrusion bars to the cage before they shipped it to me. So I called the day I received my cage and they said they would ship the bars out so I could weld them in myself. Well it took over a week and a half to get the bars from them (Not happy with UTV)....

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Power steering is done. Couple quick remarks. Dont use the blue wire, dont use the bullet connector use a butt splice, man that shaft is close to the brake bracket, watch for metal burrs inside the splines so it goes in all the way. I will post pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
You would be better off to send him a pm.

·
Registered
468 Posts
ine is on the way to the house. I'll have it on by end of next week. I'll let u guys know whar i think about it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Power steering is done. Couple quick remarks. Dont use the blue wire, dont use the bullet connector use a butt splice, man that shaft is close to the brake bracket, watch fore metal burrs inside the splines so it goes in all the way. I will post pics tomorrow.
How much of a difference did it make and how easy and ling was tge install?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
PM him and he will give you a better price guys.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Not much really to say about it. It does what it is suppose to do. Just sitting in the garage, turn the key on and you can move the wheel pretty easy. Id imagine moving its effortless. I havent driven mine yet except off the trailer. I will say this, I didnt install it just like the directions say as far as the position of the little control box. And instead of using the supplied bullet connector for the power I used a butt splice and made it a solid connection which I felt was better.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Sorry for the quality, Auto part Engine Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Auto part Machine Wheel Sky Sun Sunlight Light Lens flare Auto part Engine Vehicle Fuel line Automotive exhaust Auto part Engine Electronics Vehicle Technology

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Well I did it after I got off work so I took two days to do it. I did take my time and make sure everything was done right because of the close proximity to the brake bracket. I didnt want it to hit and bind and prevent me from turning. You are going to have to fiddle with the mounting bracket for the motor mount to get the small amount of clearence that is there from the brake bracket. The control box is actually rotated 90 degrees down, its suppose to be tucked up more behind the dash but it was resting right up against the cvt intake duct and hard to get to the motor mount bolts to tighten them. Also the plugs are a bear to securely get them in the control box because they have watertight seals in them and if it was up more behind the dash it would be tough to get them in there. I didnt use the blue wire (doesnt say anything about the blue wire), I shortened up the wires(red, black, white) because they are so long and everything connects right there anyways.They give you a scotch lock to connect the white wire(switched power) to the red/black wire. They give you a bullet connector for the power wire but mine didnt connect well so I used a butt connector and made it solid. Ground connects right there to the stud the net latch is mounted on.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Its probably for the speed sensitivity so it can cut power down when at higher speed but it doesnt say anything about the blue wire.

41 - 60 of 284 Posts