Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Super ATV what is blue line for ??? does this unit have rpm/speed sensing and what would you tap into on the Mav if it does?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Speaking of mistakes i need help. The install went fine,no clearance problems BUT. i hooked up all the pwr and the ground and i get constant blinking on the light and the steering dont work. I messed with the ground a bit and it worked for a second then the box made funny noises? Should i try grounding to the battery?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Thx guys really appreciate your comments. I shortened the lines. I will attemp to make af better ground tomorrow and check the plugs again. Im hoping the ground is my problem.

·
Registered
417 Posts
UPDATE. Re checked all connections with techs at shop to be sure , you know other set of eyes. Tried running straight back to battery. The control box will just keep clicking and the led get bright then dim etc. called up super atv they didnt blink said would send out new control box we split the ship cost out to good ole Canada here. Wont get new box till tuesday and will try it then. The thing steers fine wirh the motor not powered up. But sure will be good to get this to work properly. Im happy with super atv response sometimes shit happens.

·
Registered
417 Posts
My new control box is supposed to be here today I hope it works. Ive been driving with the motor in but not powered up. They told me im the only one thats had a problem but really how hard was connecting 3 wires?

·
Registered
417 Posts
UPDATE....The new control box came in so i just plugged it in to my previously installed wire harness and success. The light blinked once and it was nice and easy to steer.
I would like to personally thank Rodney at Super Atv as he didnt hesitate when i called saying I had problems. He just threw a new controller in for overnight delivery. Thats great customer service im up and running and its awsome. Thx again

·
Registered
417 Posts
BTW.....for those on the fence about power steering I dont think I could go back to non power after my ride with it working now. Highly recommended and BRP should have been on the ball and just put it in in the first place rather than play thier BS marketing games.

·
Registered
417 Posts
No kidding, dont get me started we paid 19,500 up here in bum f$$k Canada to add to the game. Trust me if there was a better machine I would buy it but we all know the answer to that.

·
Registered
417 Posts
What is actually meant by additional speed sensitivity, this question has been asked here more than once, what happens with this wire does voltage slow the steering down/up? can we get faster steering using the wire?

Can we have the technical info on exactly what it does and how. Thank you

·
Registered
417 Posts
Anyone else feels there asking a lawyer or politician this question.
Could you explain what the blue wire connects to on other machines and what it does when connected to those machines?
Thank you in advance

·
Registered
417 Posts
Actually I paid for it and might want to use it. So f off and keep your opinion to yourself, actually since your so smart let me know what its for.

·
Registered
417 Posts
So Whatta bout the speed sensitivity??? I dont know about the education system there but here we are taught to read and then answer the question. You sir FAIL

·
Registered
417 Posts
Actually I would like to know if I could use the blue wire to make the steering assistance adjustable by controlling what it was intended to read such as the stock pwr steering for Can Am has three levels. I also would share how to do it if I could get the required info. If your not interested im ok with that but you made the assumption I could find the info somewhere else rather than get the info from the supplier and two you interjected your cheap shot. don't cry now that you started a fight.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts