Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All.

After 2 months of trying to educate myself on side x sides I finally decided on purchasing a Can Am Maverick XRS..!! I finalized the price, options, and waranty with my local dealer last Saturday. My tax returns should be back to me within 2 to 3 weeks and at that point I'll buy! I registered to this site just a few days ago and so far have found it to be VERY helpful with many aspects of owning a Can Am. From what to watch for that may fail, to upgrades to the machine. I look forward to gleaning more information from all of you and hopefully can add to the forum with good info and fun things once in a while!

My back ground is:
Many years of competing and riding motorcycles. [40 to be exact... Got my first one at 6..!] From Trials to desert racing, ISDE's, Scrambles, ect..

In the late 90's I raced SCCA Pro Rally for a couple of years with my wife as my co-driver. We had very good results and a BUNCH of fun!! [I would be doing it today of the costs hadn't gone up so much...]

The last few years I have been rock crawling with a Jeep/truggy and having lots of good times and fun. The initial cost can be somewhat high but once it's built, you can have lots of fun for not too much money. We also have a FJ80 set up for mild wheeling and short expedition runs. [lockers, bead locks, roof top tent, ect...]

I really feel that a SxS wil give us new opportunities for recreation and possibly get me back into some competition. But FUN for us is the main focus!

Thanks in advance for information and I look forward to our new Can Am adventure!!

Cheers,
Vance

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
welcome to the sickness. You will love the speed and sporty feel of the Maverick. Juat pay attention to the known areas of weakness and enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Congrats and Welcome.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks folks!

In the past when I've bought a "toy" it was allways... Yep, that's the one. But this time I really strugled with picking. I was looking at the Wildcat, XP900 Walker Evans, and of course, the Maverick. I think one of the biggest things that sold me was my local dealer sells both Polaris and Can Am so I could inspect them both, the same day. [I went there a couple of time to do this...] By having this opportunity I determined I really liked the fit and finish, extra room in the cockpit, and features of the Can Am. The Wildcat was too long and I didn't really feel that it is made as well as the Can Am. I did like the factory power steering and lockable front diff on the Cat though...!!! I almost went XP because they seem to be well developed and known to be a good machine. As I mentioned in my post I'm waiting [not very patiently] for my tax returns and then its ON!!!! I hope next week!!!

Thanks again and I am really enjoying this forum!
Cheers,
Vance

1 - 9 of 9 Posts