Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Maverick overheating

8K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  mdrider 
#1 ·
I noticed a month or so ago my temp gauge was almost pegged out well eventually it did Nd coolant was boiling out one of the lines. Well I figured out the fan wasn't working. So I bought a fan overide put it on and the fan still doesn't work. Checked all The fuses and the fluid and it all ok. Anybody have any answers for this

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum. Fan override will help with troubleshooting, turn it on and unplug it by the radiator and check for 12v if it's there you need to order a new fan.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Use multimeter, if you don't have 12v on that plug (make sure the key is On and the fan override is on) then you should go back and check fuses again, then make sure your switch has 12v in and out when on. Once you get the fan running, I would run the car with the override off to make sure the fan stat is working also. Good luck.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Consider getting a service manual. It will help you find the issue.

#12 ·
I agree, a good spal fan will probably pull more air also.

#13 ·
If you do a lot of mudding in deep water, I would highly suggest you look at the 3 way fan override kit that has an off position so when you are in deep mud (underwater) you can turn the fan off and not risk burning it up......or consider relocating the fan behind the seat headrests....

#15 ·
ummm.....yea, I kinda meant that too :crazy:

#21 ·
Has it ever worked since you installed the fan override? Start at the switch and make sure you have 12v in, then turn it on and make sure you have 12v out, if so make sure you are energizing the relay could be relay contact failure. What's different since you said you had power at the plug b4?

#22 ·
silly question but are you getting it hot enough for the fan to come on or do you have a fan override installed? Connect it to a known good 12vdc source and see if the fan works.....then start tracing the lines back to the power source until you find the culprit. It is either not hot enough to turn it on, or there is a break in the wiring or the fuse or relay is bad.....

#25 ·
My fan also went out and a guy that works at pit proven performance told me he uses the hayden 3680 on his canams. Bought it at orielys for 60 bucks and it has a lifetime warranty. He said he has never had a problem with them tho. But if you do you can always take advantage of the warranty!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.