Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a month or so ago my temp gauge was almost pegged out well eventually it did Nd coolant was boiling out one of the lines. Well I figured out the fan wasn't working. So I bought a fan overide put it on and the fan still doesn't work. Checked all The fuses and the fluid and it all ok. Anybody have any answers for this

·
Registered
410 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Fan override will help with troubleshooting, turn it on and unplug it by the radiator and check for 12v if it's there you need to order a new fan.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Do I just hook up a light tester. I'm not really good with electric stuff. If I don't have it there what could it be

·
Registered
410 Posts
Use multimeter, if you don't have 12v on that plug (make sure the key is On and the fan override is on) then you should go back and check fuses again, then make sure your switch has 12v in and out when on. Once you get the fan running, I would run the car with the override off to make sure the fan stat is working also. Good luck.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Consider getting a service manual. It will help you find the issue.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Faulty fan is a common issue by the way. I've been through a few myself between a Maverick and a Commander. If it gets mud or water in it, or water in the vent tube, it's pretty much toast.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thanks everybody I have power coming to the plug when I turn on my override and the fan still wasn't working so I ordered a new fan

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I agree, a good spal fan will probably pull more air also.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I agree, a good spal fan will probably pull more air also.
If you do a lot of mudding in deep water, I would highly suggest you look at the 3 way fan override kit that has an off position so when you are in deep mud (underwater) you can turn the fan off and not risk burning it up......or consider relocating the fan behind the seat headrests....

·
Registered
410 Posts
Relocate the radiator too otherwise the fan will have a hell of a time cooling that water from way back there........

Reactions: sprinks542

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Relocate the radiator too otherwise the fan will have a hell of a time cooling that water from way back there........
ummm.....yea, I kinda meant that too :crazy:

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ight guy I bought the new fan plugged it up to make sure it's going to work and it don't so something isn't right. I'm not gettin power to the plug now and all the relays and fuses are good. Anymore ideas

1 - 20 of 26 Posts