Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a commander now and found a good deal on a maverick. How much different in the trails and tight places is the maverick? The commander seems to get through the trails pretty good. I know that it is wider by about 6 inches so it will be different. I ride mostly with rzr s, rangers, rhinos, teryx and a couple 900xp. I have tried pay attention to the 900 xp and it doesn't seem like he has much problems.

One more thing, setting side by side is the maverick just a bigger machine or are they close in size?

·
Registered
310 Posts
I ride with a Commander and an 800s and I have yet to have a single issue with my XRS. I followed a sportsman 570 up a trail this weekend that was so tight he was having to back up on the switch backs to go up them and I followed the whole way.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have both a Commander and a Maverick. To put it simply, I never want to drive my Commander. As for the size, these pictures will give you an idea. The Mav is a little bit bigger.

Camera Phone 233.jpg Camera Phone 287.jpg

·
Registered
527 Posts
The mav is very pretty nimble, I go places where S's go with ease, Now you cant mind a few scratches you will get from the brush. Between the mav body being wider and the black plastic, it really shows scratches, You are going to have plastic rash from woods ridding, just all a part of it

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
The mav is very pretty nimble, I go places where S's go with ease, Now you cant mind a few scratches you will get from the brush. Between the mav body being wider and the black plastic, it really shows scratches, You are going to have plastic rash from woods ridding, just all a part of it
That's no joke. After my first trail ride in my Mav, I almost had a heart attack, but you just have to get used to it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
That's why I bought the all white mav...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for the info. Thanks Giles for the pictures, I tried to search the net for a picture that showed both next to each. All the input is appreciated. Now one last question. When trail riding, even in tight trails, which would you guys like to be driving? Commander or maverick? I have drove a maverick but not in the woods. I love the power and ride that's why I want to go maverick. I just don't want to have a problem on the trails.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a Mav and my bro has a commander. We trail ride all the time without issue. He always says he wishes he had my suspension. They are both good in the trail but the Mav is way smoother. As long as you aren't trying to squeeze between 63.5" trees you should be fine.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Same width as an xp 900 but more tall
Thats not an issue...

·
Registered
211 Posts
The thinner the better if you are trying to go anywhere tight but in the end I would rather drive my Maverick and not go into the tight areas. But I haven't had a single issue yet where i wouldn't take the Mav into the same areas as my Commander.

Well, except where a winch is needed!!! Haven't installed one on the Mav yet.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Ur playin with fire Giles. Get winch asap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
252 Posts
You could always go to the xxc it's on 60 inches wide

·
Registered
548 Posts
My xrs is great in the woods! If you're going to ride trails, get yourself the sport low harness and you'll never look back! Purchase with confidence!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just put my X XC up in the for sale section. It sounds perfect for what you want to do. It's a trail beast. Best of both worlds for what it sounds like you are doing.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you ride with the group described above, you need the X XC, in my opinion. I have one for sale. Way better on tight trails than an X RS.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Good looking Mav. What light bracket are you running? I like how the bar gets tucked underneath.
I just bought the roll cage tabs sold on the Rigid website and welded them to the front roll bar. Position the tabs where you want them so the light bar sits where you want it and weld them on.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Thats wat i got. I bought it wen i bought my machine. Right outta the brp catalog. I havnt had mine stuck yet. I hope its enough too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts