Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a pic of the same runs, showing engine speed. Really bad overrev, or maybe the throttle is being shut by the computer, kinda hard to tell. These runs were done with the speed sensor unplugged, since if it was plugged in, the computer wouldn't let the motor rev at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
791 Posts
Rev limiter is at 8000 so that makes sense. Clutching needs some work for sure. Look forward to seeing you make more power with the Maverick. Cheers

·
Registered
81 Posts
Looks like the same kind of RPM drop that has been shown own a few videos I've seen. Right around the 50+ mph mark. Would that be clutching or the computer cutting back the throttle?

·
Registered
711 Posts
greg are you using a motorcycle dyno? the freewheeling drum type of dyno? i dont see how your RPMs could be so low. a bone stock mav usually turns 7700-7800RPM on dry ground. 7400-7500 like yours is showing, is extremely low.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is a Dynojet 250ix ATV/Motorcycle dyno.

If you'll look, the rpms start out at 8000 or so, then drop to 7500 or so. This is called overrev. It could be from the throttle closing, no way to know without looking at the throttle, or the clutch setup.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I have never seen my maverick hit 8000 rpm except when I hit 77 mph. From a dead stop to wide open throttle mine will rev up
To 7800 rpm and then when the clutch starts shifting out around 45-55 mph the rpms will drag down to 7350-7400. I've seen some videos of other mavericks holding 8000 Rpm all the way to redline but mine won't.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I would like to see the difference between using the optional foam post filter for severe conditions and not using it on the dyno.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I'm going to have my maverick ecu reflashed .. After talking to some guys they said my rpms shouldn't drop the way they do. Hopefully ill see the 8k under full throttle like I've seen others due on YouTube

·
Registered
150 Posts
Is that 70-some Horse ???
What is the issue with not being 101-horse..??
Was my understanding it was 101??

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
You will never dyno anything with a CVT and find its true numbers. You can clutch it different, loose power on the ground an gain 10hp on the dyno.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
I've just never heard or seen a quad lose or gain 10 hp with just changing the clutching Maybe if you clutched it way way from max rpm power

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
10hp wasn't a true number, it was more around 7hp but it was a significant difference on a machine that made 60hp to the wheels. It happened with my Teryx, the machine wasn't use to getting loaded up in that rpm range, it wasn't tune for it and the clutch swap made it fall on its face. Different dynos can show way different numbers as well. It a great tool to show where you're making power or to get a baseline tune.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
Your rpms drop on ur Mav due to the light spring in the secondary. Airdam has a fix...a stiffer spring. I use it and no longer do my rpms drop around 50 mphs. The car pulls harder in the mid range n on top but not necessarily off the line. A good cheap fix on the stock clutch. The stm setup does not have this issue.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Your rpms drop on ur Mav due to the light spring in the secondary. Airdam has a fix...a stiffer spring. I use it and no longer do my rpms drop around 50 mphs. The car pulls harder in the mid range n on top but not necessarily off the line. A good cheap fix on the stock clutch. The stm setup does not have this issue.

How do you know that the throttle isn't closing, not allowing asmuch power output, and pulling the rpms down?

I didn't have much time on the dyno, I need to get back on, hook up BUDS, & see what the throttle plate is doing in there. If it's closing, the solution is to hold the throttle plate open, all the time.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts