Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of putting some gold diggers in the stock tires this winter to play on the lake. Anyone run studded tires on the ice last winter? I used to ride my Banshee on the ice and had a blast, so naturally, with the mercury dropping around here I thought it would be a good idea with the Maverick.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Ahhhh... Nice Mega.
I'm with Mega I'm in Florida the only way stud n tire go in the same sentence is when me(a stud) helps a women with her tire.
Sorry man I wish I had some info but I'd only be lying.

·
Registered
211 Posts
If I had studs in my tires I wouldn't have been able to do this in my Commander! :smile: But maybe studs in my Maverick would be fun, too. You never know until you try it.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll probably see how it does nekked first.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Depends on how hard you want to hook. Kold kutters are cheap and easy and will hook decent on glare ice. In my experience With snow covered ice they start to spin and grab randomly. Pretty fun to run up a curvy river or canal with good ice.
If you want more traction you'll need to run snowmobile picks or chisels in the rear. Not sure how they would work up front in 4wd... Might get interesting. Might hook too much.

·
Registered
278 Posts
my experience is the kold kutters will not last on a side by side, they wear down and spit out... what i have found to work the best is just some regular car studs, not 100% traction but the make a huge difference on ice and i just leave them in throughout the summer, they seem to wear down at the same rate as the rubber and always work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts