Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Maverick Max 1000R
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all fellow Can-Am drivers,

Earlier this year I purchased a used (550 Miles) white and orange 2014 Mav Max 1000r, pretty much stock other than a rear cage with spare. I have always wanted a 4 seat Can-Am and finally pulled the trigger. My family and I have had an absolute blast here in CO up in the mountains and down in the high desert with it and we love it. After about 200 miles of riding I noticed a slight belt slippage from starting to a roll and at higher RPMs on flat ground, so when I got home from our 5th and latest ride, I tore down the CVT box only to find a 80%ish shredded belt and oil (Black) all over the inside of the case (I mean ALL over). I could not determine exactly where the leak originated from because it was flung everywhere, but I am sure the belt was the culprit as the case seal was also damaged from a shred of the belt. I cleaned it all up, and I plan on purchasing a puller and seals to replace the Crank seal, the tranny seal, and wear rings. I am not a SXS mechanic, so I turned to the intra-webs for a write-up of some sort with no luck. I would prefer not to take it to a dealer as the nearest Platinum dealer is over an hour away (also not under warranty anyway), and I'm a big advocate of DIY. Any pointers, pictures, write ups, or information I would greatly appreciate the assistance. Thanks guys.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts