Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody on hear heard about the max transmision breaking fairly easy on these units,I know there the same trans as the two seater,the max is only 250lbs heavier than the two seater,what's the best thing to do,change the trans out for the 2015 xmr gear reduction trans?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Has anybody on hear heard about the max transmision breaking fairly easy on these units,I know there the same trans as the two seater,the max is only 250lbs heavier than the two seater,what's the best thing to do,change the trans out for the 2015 xmr gear reduction trans?
I have been desert racing for Can Am for over 5 years now... Transmissions is not one of the components that historically fail.. sure the Max (and I have a prerunner and a racer Max) and they do not have issues that Im aware of...the Max is geared slightly lower to compensate (so I was told by race engineering)

Reactions: MaverickMaxXRS

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got a buddie and his broke towing a buddie back to camp,chewed all the main gears up.i was told from can am same setup as two seater maverick,i would figure it would snap a axle or u joint or belt before trans but no

·
Registered
579 Posts
got a buddie and his broke towing a buddie back to camp,chewed all the main gears up.i was told from can am same setup as two seater maverick,i would figure it would snap a axle or u joint or belt before trans but no

He he had a different problem.... The belt would brake first, way before the internal gears. With that in mind. These things are not really meant for towing.... But, belt is always the first issue

1 - 4 of 4 Posts