Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my max two months ago and have 250 miles on it and I keep getting rocks in my rims and calipers. Has anyone else been having this problem and what have you done to fix it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Yes its a common problem because of the wheel scraper. Some people have removed the wheel scraper but then the caliper is exposed to damage. Other people have installed a mud flap behind the front wheel to reduce the amount of rock being thrown back towards the rear wheels. You can also change out your rims to 14"

·
Premium Member
8,366 Posts
i removed the scrapers and caught a rock between caliper and wheel. It bent the caliper bracket and rotor. Keep them on if you ride in rocky areas, worst case you will end up with scratches on the insides of your wheels. Try what Glamisfan did and see if that helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya the dealer told me to try and remove the scrapers also, so I did and it didn't help. The mud flap sounds like a good idea, have they been making there own or using like a car one

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Ya the dealer told me to try and remove the scrapers also, so I did and it didn't help. The mud flap sounds like a good idea, have they been making there own or using like a car one
He made his own but I think he used one from a car or truck and cut it to fit.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Going to 14's won't help either. Same issue here. Had to replace both caliper assembies, and they were damaged with 14's.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Going to 14's won't help either. Same issue here. Had to replace both caliper assembies, and they were damaged with 14's.
Wow, that's surprising! I thought the 14's would solve the problem too. I'm pretty sure that is the angle of those lower a-arm is the problem. That's why I think the mud flap should work fairly well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya I put the can am a arm protectors on, thinking that maybe they would kick them down a little also and that didn't help, I am going to try the mud flap idea, I would have thought the 14" rims would have done the trick

·
Registered
227 Posts
14" wheels did the trick for me...my stock wheels were all chewed up from the rocks but with the 14"s they didn't pack in any rocks!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts