Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a general question.

of those who own a maverick or will buy a max. what % of all your add ons is oem vs non oem parts.

roof, radio, doors, wheels,etc.
do you find the options in the oem are good and your choice, or do you find the after market ones are better.

I expect my buys to be about 80% oem and 20% non oem.

over ll speaking i mean.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
0% oem for me. Just too damn expensive. And I don't like the styles of any of the oem accessories either. Most of mine will be custom made. I would rather make it myself, do it right, save money, and have it look better than anybody else's.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm going to have them order the doors. I'm not much on waiting for the after market guys to develop theirs. If they're like the Maverick's oem doors, they're made by pro armor and we all know what to expect from them. Hopefully the rock sliders will be included as pictured. If not, I'll add those too. I'm not really crazy about anything else.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
No OEM add on's for me. I agree with Glamisfan. I would rather have custom add on parts so my Mav doesn't look like anyone else's. that makes it personalized.

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Basically zero OEM except for the stereo & there are some better ones out there for sure. A lot of the OEM products are just not the best products out there and they are more expensive in most cases. Like the roof, when I did my demo ride it was raining & found out the hard way that the OEM roof doesn't have a front drip rail. So all the mud and rain water would run right into your face where most aftermarket roofs have a drip rail to prevent this. OEM Aluminum skids look cool but are not near as good as UHMW skids and so on. Beware though some of these aftermarket companies try to be the first ones on the market with their products & don't put enough thought into it. I've had to modify a few items I've bought so functionality would meet my riding style/terrain.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I will steal, copy or borrow ideas and make 75% myself. What I cannot I will buy from my local vendors (love being in AZ!). i.e. gussets, harnesses & a few others I just don't have the tool or patience o do myself. Half the fun of these is testing your skills on your own ideas.

·
Registered
75 Posts
80%can am
20%aftermarket

I get a big discount on factory parts. By the time most aftermarket companies ship their products I'm money ahead.Stereo/doors is another story, anything Jensen or ProArmor absolutely sucks & I would rather purchase elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I may be in the extremely low group, but if these oem skids are like they were on the 12 limited, I found them to be best ones out there, they were hard thick plastic material, I hit a big rock and limb in the dark one night that shook the whole machine badly. had 4 dings (depressions) like a giant ding in your car door from a shopping cart looks) and that was it. I was happy with those. plus there already there, spend money on other things. as to other oem items, lots of non oems offer better and cheaper cost items.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Only OEM i have is the doors, i figured i couldnt go wrong sense there made by proarmor. fit n finish is good i think. but everything else is aftermarket.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts