Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys there has been rumors and debates regarding the clutch in the max.

I received confirmation from Can-am today that the clutch and transmission are identical. Even the clutch weights or levers as they call them. Its very surprising because I will be the first to admit I felt the Max was geared lower than the Maverick.

The only difference is the upgraded cooling duct, which obviously is a great upgrade but doesn't directly effect performance.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
That matches what you can find on the parts website as all of the part numbers are the same between the 2 models....I bet you they have a different ECU map.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That matches what you can find on the parts website as all of the part numbers are the same between the 2 models....I bet you they have a different ECU map.
I eventually saw the parts were the same but thought the clutch levers had to be different. I'm really surprised... Lol I swear it feels different!

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
I eventually saw the parts were the same but thought the clutch levers had to be different. I'm really surprised... Lol I swear it feels different!
Im not sure but I did drive my friends new Max with 7 miles on it and the clutching seemed good on the street. I would stab it and she would go to 8000 rpm and hold steady it never shifted up to fast at all it held it nice and steady every time I stabbed it even from a 30 mph Roll. Seemed all good.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I bet that part number can be checked as well
I just went and poked around, I don't see the ECU Listed on brp.com (Unless it just missed it on the parts fiche)
They do list the ECU connector however and the part number for the ECU connector is different
for each version of the Maverick:

420264380 Maverick MAX
420266987 Maverick STD, XRS Etc.
420266981 Maverick XMR

after more searching;
I can't seem to find a site that lists the individual ECU part numbers. Seems kind of odd they would use a completely different connector (part number) on the ECU's for the different model though.. Logically it seems like the connectors would all be the same and a different map loaded on them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Anyone here have access to BUDS software? I've got a buddy in TX with it and i'm fairly sure the ecu programming could be verified in BUDS.. Provided two people have it and can compare notes or one has it and access to both cars in question!

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
I just went and poked around, I don't see the ECU Listed on brp.com (Unless it just missed it on the parts fiche)
They do list the ECU connector however and the part number for the ECU connector is different

420264380 Maverick MAX
420266981 Maverick XMR

after more searching;
I can't seem to find a site that lists the individual ECU part numbers. Seems kind of odd they would use a completely different connector (part number) on the ECU's for the different model though.. Logically it seems like the connectors would all be the same and a different map loaded on them.
Those are the ecu part numbers i would think they would interchange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

420264380 Maverick MAX
420266981 Maverick XMR

after more searching;
That is Can Am's way of keeping us from doing exactly what we are trying to do! Which is determine if the MAX has a hotter ECU program and would be a quick and easy power upgrade for the 2 seater! I bet the XMR has a custom torque curve as well.....

·
Registered
211 Posts
I personally think all 2014's have a hotter tune. I doubt Can-Am will ever admit it. I own a 2 seat 2014 XRS DPS and have drove a few 2013's and the 2014 feels stronger.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
inquiring minds want to know……someone on here has to have access to the BUD's software or someone at a dealership who can look it up…..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts